RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Old 08-16-2009, 02:50 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
That's the plan. I spent a fortune getting them both to Colorado in July so I'm going to have be extra nice to my wife so she'll let me take them to Palooza.

If I do, I'll probably offload the cgt at Alma so I can drive it up the Pig Tail. That road was a blast!
Brian,
There are several good places to unload in the Alma, and a nice little restaurant called Red Rooster that makes the best pies. I could have it all set up for you guys. Just let me know when your ready.
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys, and your great cars!!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:57 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT
Wish you could join us JoAnne!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:13 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Brian,
There are several good places to unload in the Alma, and a nice little restaurant called Red Rooster that makes the best pies. I could have it all set up for you guys. Just let me know when your ready.
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys, and your great cars!!
Thanks, Travis. I appreciate that offer. Will keep you posted as we get closer. Looking forward to seeing y'all again soon.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,

Glad I'll get to see that Carrera GT again! It will be good to see you too.

chuck
Old 08-17-2009, 06:52 PM
vaujot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alma High School, Class of 86

This is amazing: Half a life ago, I spent a year in Alma as an exchange student. And we did visit Eureka Springs as an outing once or twice. Don't think I ever saw a Porsche in either town. So, when you meet in Alma, take a few pictures and post them here, ok.

The pig tail is Highway 71, I suppose? Back in those days, the interstate to Fayetteville had not been built and it was a dangerous road with too many trucks for a two-lane highway. Must be a fun road to drive nowadays, with less traffic. Still, drive safely, y'all!

Best regards, Valerian
Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 PM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The Pig Trail is Highway 23, a few miles east of 71. It got its name, so I've been told, because that is the road U of A Razorback students and alumnae traveled between Fayetteville and Little Rock for football games.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by csertich
Brian,

Glad I'll get to see that Carrera GT again! It will be good to see you too.

chuck
Hey Chuck,

I really enjoyed meeting and visiting with you last year and look forward to seeing you too. Can't wait for November to get here!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Default Class of 89'

Originally Posted by vaujot
This is amazing: Half a life ago, I spent a year in Alma as an exchange student. And we did visit Eureka Springs as an outing once or twice. Don't think I ever saw a Porsche in either town. So, when you meet in Alma, take a few pictures and post them here, ok.

The pig tail is Highway 71, I suppose? Back in those days, the interstate to Fayetteville had not been built and it was a dangerous road with too many trucks for a two-lane highway. Must be a fun road to drive nowadays, with less traffic. Still, drive safely, y'all!

Best regards, Valerian
1986 wow! I bet I've got an annual with you picture somewhere in the closet. You wouldn't believe how the High School has changed, and Alma as well. I'll take some pictures with the cars.
Dan's right HWY 23 is the Pig Trail. The fun route to take now is I-40 to Ozark and up 23 to 412 west over to Fayetteville and back Down old HWY 71 back to Alma. 71 is smooth and preaty much traffic free now days. True it was very dangerous before the interstate was built. In 86' they had just began the construction.
But the new, or new to me, road is HWY 123 to Jasper. 123 is off of HWY 7 north of Russellville. We had a PCA run up this highway in the spring and now I'm crazy about this road. Amazing views from the cliff tops, and smooth pavement with lots of very tight banked corners, swithbacks, you name it this roads got it. Just be careful of the falling rocks. Patrick, your dad was with us and stayed right on my bumper most of the time in the Yellow Boxster. For the next day or two I'd see yellow every time I looked in the mirror. Chuck if your coming from the Little Rock area you need to take this road on your way to Eureka.
These pictures are from The Cliff House. We stopped there for a bite to eat and then headed back. My wife can't take pictures from the car without getting sick, so no good pics of the corners and cliffs.

I'll try to post more of these great AR roads between now and Palooza to get you guys geared up!
Attached Images      
Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the pictures Travis! Keep them coming. Yes, Dad is pretty fast for an 'ole guy. If it weren't for my car having 2x the hp, I couldn't keep up with him!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

But the new, or new to me, road is HWY 123 to Jasper. 123 is off of HWY 7 north of Russellville. We had a PCA run up this highway in the spring and now I'm crazy about this road. Amazing views from the cliff tops, and smooth pavement with lots of very tight banked corners, swithbacks, you name it this roads got it. Just be careful of the falling rocks. Patrick, your dad was with us and stayed right on my bumper most of the time in the Yellow Boxster. For the next day or two I'd see yellow every time I looked in the mirror. Chuck if your coming from the Little Rock area you need to take this road on your way to Eureka.
These pictures are from The Cliff House. We stopped there for a bite to eat and then headed back. My wife can't take pictures from the car without getting sick, so no good pics of the corners and cliffs.

I'll try to post more of these great AR roads between now and Palooza to get you guys geared up!
That is one awesome trip! Loved that run.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 AM
mcfeeley1071
Instructor

I just noticed this thread today, man I am falling behind. I am psyched about this year, I know Travis and I have changed a few things on the car. Can't wait to see if anyone else has done anything. Patrick, Jason, Dan, Brian, I can't wait to see everyone again. Truly a blast of a trip. Here are a few pics from last year. Would be a treat to follow that CGT up the trail. Anyway here you guys go.
Attached Images      
Old 08-19-2009, 06:07 PM
vaujot
Instructor

1986 wow! I bet I've got an annual with you picture somewhere in the closet. You wouldn't believe how the High School has changed, and Alma as well. I'll take some pictures with the cars.
Travis,

I am reluctant to tell you which page I am on in the yearbook. Too embarassed by my 80s hairstyle.

I've returned to Alma a few times (last in 2006) so I'm familiar with how it looks today. I Look forward to your pictures. Its odd, to me a Porsche on a US road looks a little out of place. Just like US cars often look out of place around here.

Best regards, Valerian
Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Default Palooza Website is up!

http://www.pca-palooza.com/

Be sure and register to attend.

A few pictures from 07.
Attached Images      
Old 09-22-2009, 05:26 PM
mcfeeley1071
Instructor

I don't know if I am just ready for Palooza this year or what ,but I have started having this obsession of keeping my browser window open and refreshing the "Who's Attending" page on the palooza website lol.

http://www.pca-palooza.com/2009_attendance.asp

Quick Reply: Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR