993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to thank the Rennlist community and the Palooza gang for providing me with 4 things that rank in the top ten of my best life experiences. One is being on this community and sharing so much knowledge, passion and our Porsche and other experiences. Three are my trips to the Palooza and meeting and spending time with the greatest people in the world.

And I want to thank the state of AR for letting us have so much fun on their roads. Out of about 200 cars, I think only one speeding ticket was issued. Actually, I KNOW one speeding ticket was issued because it's in my glove box.

Thanks everybody. I'll try and post a few pics in the next few days.

chuck
Old 11-17-2009, 11:31 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Copied from the Palooza picture thread

Travis, many thanks for arranging lunch at the Red Rooster (yummy), thanks for being our leader whether you wanted to be or not thank you for compounding that mysterious white paint off my car and thank you for letting me park the trailer at your home. We appreciate your friendliness and hospitality.

993BillW - thanks for the compliment in your earlier post. I really enjoyed meeting and visiting with you and I look forward to seeing you next year.

lhatch - I love your car but am glad to hear you want to get back in a 993. Maybe a Mexico blue 993tt?? You'll just have to get something else to hold your guitars. Have fun in FL!

csertich - It was great to see you again and what made it even better was that you are in good health!!! I'll be praying that things stay that way for you.

csmab, sc2993 - I'm glad you made the effort to attend this year on such short notice and am glad you enjoyed it so much.

arena993 - sorry you couldn't make it this year. I understand you had more important things to take care of. Hope to meet you next year.

To all the "oldtimers" and "newtimers" - sure, the driving's fun, but it's friendships with you guys that make this event so great. I look forward to many more, I just wish they came around sooner!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:00 PM
LeonardZ
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you everyone for coming to Palooza.

It's a real treat watching the Porsches roll in.....meeting everyone, visiting and and of course learning about your most excellent Porsches.

Fifteen years ago...or more, this event involved me and two to three friends. We drove every road we could, ate in Eureka Springs then spent most of the night sitting outside in a parking lot swapping stories about our old Porsches and how they were still better than anything else on the road. Through the years we would modify our cars, look for new additions to join us, then find out who had actually made their car faster.

It's getting hard to keep up!

We have some new additions in store for next year...including a drive to the Buffalo River and Ponca City. A little bit longer drive with spectacular roads and scenery.

Thanks again for coming to Palooza. I hope to see you back next year with an improvement or two to your Porsche....

Leonard
Old 11-20-2009, 09:15 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we'll be back - thanks Leonard for putting on a terrific event
Old 11-21-2009, 02:17 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Leonard,

Many thanks to you, Mel and Chip for organizing such an incredible, well run event. It is a testament to all the hard work y'all put in. It is a real privilege to be able to attend and we look forward to many more in the future. Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:01 AM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks to Leonard, Melody, and the rest of the crew for putting together such a f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c event! I'll keep coming back and spreading the word to others.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Leonard,

Many thanks to you, Mel and Chip for organizing such an incredible, well run event. It is a testament to all the hard work y'all put in. It is a real privilege to be able to attend and we look forward to many more in the future. Thanks again.
What Brian said! But we can't forget Leonard's wife Melody too. I'll plan on dragging some Nashville PCA'ers and RLers along next year.

Quick Reply: Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR