993 Forum 1995-1998

Floor Mat Color

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
ga993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Mat Color

I need to order new floor mats. Plan on ordering Lloyd mats from Sunset Porsche. I can't decide on black w/ silver lettering or grey w/ black lettering for my classic grey interior. Can anyone w/ classic grey interior post pics of their mats? Lettering doesn't matter. Thanks in advance.
brandon
Old 07-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Safemoney
Racer

Black with Silver letters is my vote. Easier to keep clean and the contrast looks great!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Black with grey will look better longer. Also, the classic grey mats in my '97 C4S did not match the factory grey carpets perfectly due to the pinkish tint in the factory carpets - the mats did not have that tint. The grey lettering on the black mats will show the dirt however, especailly on the driver's side as it is it used more than the pass. side. Spray some Scotchgard carpet protector on them when new and they'll be easier to clean later.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's mine. I've got classic gray leather with black (deviating) carpets.
I opted for black with silver embroidery. Avoid staining the silver thread,
it will darken when cleaned. Hope this helps.
Attached Images  
Old 07-29-2009, 12:23 AM
techsis
Pro

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
Here's mine. I've got classic gray leather with black (deviating) carpets.
I opted for black with silver embroidery. Avoid staining the silver thread,
it will darken when cleaned. Hope this helps.
The deviated carpets look great!

back to the topic...I vote for the black mats for the great contrast.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:03 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ga993
I need to order new floor mats. Plan on ordering Lloyd mats from Sunset Porsche. I can't decide on black w/ silver lettering or grey w/ black lettering for my classic grey interior. Can anyone w/ classic grey interior post pics of their mats? Lettering doesn't matter. Thanks in advance.
brandon
I have Classic Grey and did black with silver from Sunset. No pics, but very happy. Greys are hard to match and show more dirt. Black also gives me the illusion of more "depth" and space.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure if you are hung on the Lloyds exclusively, but maybe look at these. I used them in my cab and it gets comments all the time. A cool retro look as they were used in the 356 models as well as other vintage German cars. Mine have held up well.

www.cocomats.com

Mike
Old 07-29-2009, 11:08 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

In my classic gray interior, I alternate between my black and grey mats, but gray does look better imho despite showing dirt a bit more.

I viewed a bunch of aftermarket floor mat color samples from Usspeed and ended up buying Space Gray floor mats to match my Classic Gray carpet. It matched the best of all the samples they had. And yes Space Gray is a 996 color.

BTW, Porsche floor mats are cheap and flimsy, low quality carpet. Aftermarket is far better. Another option is to get factory-style replacement floor carpets for around $150 from www.worlduph.com. Costs just a bit more, but you can just use these for floor mats and you have nice OEM wool instead of cheap floormat material to rest your feet on. Plus it'll match perfectly since it's the OEM wool carpet material.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:20 AM
ga993
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone. Mike, yes, I had the coco mats in my 356 Speedster and they were cool....very retro.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

+1 on the coco mats!
After Arena993 posted a discussion of them about 1-2months ago I ordered a set of the grey with silver/white "points".
While it took over 3 weeks to get them, they look AWESOME in a Classic Grey car. Just dark enough to add contrast, mixed grey enough to hide specks of lint, and mixed grey enough to blend in with the 7 different shades of Grey that Classic interiors can be.

Quick Reply: Floor Mat Color