Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Lightbulb TONIGHT: July 15 dinner in Monument

Porsche Club of America Membership Meeting

Cocktails - 5:45pm, Dinner - 6:30pm - ~ 9:00pm

If you can make the PCA dinner tonight (Wed), consider wearing a 993-related shirt.

If I get there, hopefully I'll have the following on, although not 993-specific...

Old 07-18-2009, 02:44 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^ ^ Was a nice black 993 cab parked in front of the restaurant. Drove my topless red. Beautiful weather; picturesque town & setting. Great time.

Ate & had an amazing discussion with a designer of the '89 Speedsters.

Lots of first-timers / new members. Anybody else make it? Look forward to catching up elsewhere with y'all.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:13 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by curve lover
Thanks for the info -- highly interested, ever since last year's photo thread. Motorcycle-buddies tell me about it; sounds like a great drive.

Luv your Arena Red ride.
Originally Posted by CDILL
I actually started out doing this drive in my 83 SC with the Z car club a few years ago. It was a ton of fun so we have kept it going with a small group of friends, but this year we thought it would be fun to post it up on a few forums and see how many cars we can get. My friend that usually does most of the work putting this together is traveling until the second week in August so when he returns we will put something together.
Thanks for the compliments on the car
CDill & Yasin-- Any updates? Would be great to meet fellow RLers, see your red rockets, & enjoy a great drive out to the castle. Most dates other than Sep 25/ 26 may work for me.

PS RandC87-- You have a PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:16 PM
skypig
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Thornton,would love to meet some fellow 993er's
Old 09-06-2009, 12:30 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Headed to the Lakewood/ Golden area Sept 11-14.
Any suggestions as to where to eat/ what to do/ etc?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:35 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Free beer

My father-in-law and I could barely pull ourselves away from the fascinating history of Coors to go drink our THREE FREE BEERS. This has to be road-trip nirvana.
Golden, Colorado - Coors Plant Tours: Free Beer

If you bike there, maybe you get more beer? Hope you enjoy your carbon Cannondale in Colorado!

Originally Posted by DocTock993
Headed to the Lakewood/ Golden area Sept 11-14.
Any suggestions as to where to eat/ what to do/ etc?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:25 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
CDill & Yasin-- Any updates? Would be great to meet fellow RLers, see your red rockets, & enjoy a great drive out to the castle. Most dates other than Sep 25/ 26 may work for me.

PS RandC87-- You have a PM.
I have not heard a thing this year about Bishop's Castle. One of the key guys that was involved last year sold his Turbo (sadly) and I have lost touch with him. Typically the drive to Bishop's Castle is around late June - July and we are well into September....so I am thinking it may not happen this year (unfortuntely). Which is a shame as I have not driven my car at all this year.

Yasin
Old 11-01-2009, 05:48 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CDILL
I actually started out doing this drive in my 83 SC with the Z car club a few years ago. It was a ton of fun so we have kept it going with a small group of friends, but this year we thought it would be fun to post it up on a few forums and see how many cars we can get. My friend that usually does most of the work putting this together is traveling until the second week in August so when he returns we will put something together.
Originally Posted by slownrusty

I have not driven my car at all this year.
Yasin-- You & CDill have PMs. Luv to meet you, other Rennlisters, & give you an excuse to get your Porsche out of the garage!

Finishing another beautiful weekend today in the mid-60s. Forecast next Sat/ Sun's a few degrees cooler but sunny around parts of San Isabel National Forest.
Makes me wonder: any last chance for a RL castle run this year?
Too bad your friend sold his 930. If you want to put me in touch with the previous organizers, let me know.

This guy juggling fire, above a metal dragon, on top of the castle? I wanna.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Today would have been a GREAT day but I figured most people were watching the Donkeys play. I did not figure many wouuld want to get together.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I am not a 993 owner, but I have a 69 targa that is completely ugly, but running right. I work in Boulder, and live in Longmont. Is anyone in the grouping up for getting together for beers in Boulder sometime? Avery would be a pretty cool place, it is a bit rough getting in, as the payment is a bit broken, but it is not unpassable, meaning you wont hurt anything, you just got to watch where you drive.

Our shop is right behind it so it would be simple to meet up for me. I am open to other places too though.

Let me know if someone gets something put together some time. Love to trade some stories over a beer.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
Old 11-02-2009, 06:26 AM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larpy
Today would have been a GREAT day but I figured most people were watching the Donkeys play. I did not figure many wouuld want to get together.
Did you guys end up getting together this weekend?

Bob-
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by boulderbobo
Did you guys end up getting together this weekend?

Bob-
No, but it would have been a great weekend for it. , Hey, are you not on the road somewhere trying to relax? Get off the internet and have fun!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Erik@GBox
Well I am not a 993 owner, but I have a 69 targa that is completely ugly, but running right. I work in Boulder, and live in Longmont. Is anyone in the grouping up for getting together for beers in Boulder sometime? Avery would be a pretty cool place, it is a bit rough getting in, as the payment is a bit broken, but it is not unpassable, meaning you wont hurt anything, you just got to watch where you drive.

Our shop is right behind it so it would be simple to meet up for me. I am open to other places too though.

Let me know if someone gets something put together some time. Love to trade some stories over a beer.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell

Erik,

We love the old P-cars as well as the newer ones so no problem there. That would be fun to meet up. Usually we do it on the weekends because of work schedules etc. We just set a time and go with it. Try and avoid Sundays because some like to watch the games (I could care less myself but others enjoy them).
Old 11-02-2009, 10:23 AM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by larpy

No, but it would have been a great weekend for it. , Hey, are you not on the road somewhere trying to relax? Get off the internet and have fun!
Drinking a cold one as I type.

This is part of relaxing.

Bob-
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 AM
aircooled
Rennlist Member

Sunday was very nice....for shoveling snow. Count me in for the next cold one, owe you one Larpy

Quick Reply: I'm in Denver. Any 993 buffs around me?