Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Keyed by Low-Life

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:24 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of POS would do that. I could just imagine how pissed off you were when you first saw that, I know I would lose it.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That guy needs a 9mm in the head.....that sucks. And people say, "why don't you use your car?" That's why....sad..so sad..
Old 07-06-2009, 02:37 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

Arrwin,
this truly sucks. I always ask myself what i would do if I would get the guy who did something like this to me. Better I won't get him.
I used a shop in Millburn for my black 993 which I found did a great job.They also did a great job on Madlen's car which is a VW in a metallic green. But they also did a great job of blending the old paint with the new one. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the informations.

Jack
Old 07-06-2009, 02:37 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Man! that pisses me off! They deserve to be pummeled within an inch of their pathetic lives. Why...oh..Why can't luck be on one's side and be fortunate enough to CATCH these F's in the act!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 432 Posts

Sorry Arrwin. A lead pill is what is needed for the creep who did this.

I look forward to seeing you and your car at Lime Rock next weekend.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ironimages
That sucks...you might want to call these guy's http://www.bodymotion.com/ they do a good amount of older porsche work. I too had my problems this weekend nail in the tire for me...
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the referral. I will give these guys a call and see what they say. Thanks!

Originally Posted by cbk07
Sorry to see that Arrwin....people suck these days. I have used Automobile Associates of Canton in CT for years. In my opinion, they are the best around although a couple of hours from you. I am sure there are many great shops around. Take care, Craig

Here is a link http://automobileassociates.com/
Hi Craig,

Thank you for the referral. It seems like a very nice shop. I just spoke to Ken and emailed him pics so he can assess the damage.

I will keep everyone posted. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Arrwin:

Sorry to hear about this. I have never understood why these little F&cks think its their right to deface someone else's property. I hope you find them and give em a kick in the nuts for me.

Mike
Old 07-06-2009, 04:35 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

what a loser is the person who did this. They'll get theirs, eventually.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:54 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to see the damage to your door, the pictures make me feel sick. For sure that is no way to ever end the joys of the 4 th of July...
Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 PM
ShadySport
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Garth S
Assuming that your paint is a base:clear (top coat), that would be my call as well.
One can sand out the scratches and colour match the area to the rest of the door with base coat, blending in the edges. Then, mask the entire door and respray the clear coat. I did this to my stone chips in the hood when repairing an impact area to the front cover.
If the blending is carefully done, the repair is absolutely invisible.

I have seen shops that can airbrush in the keyed areas, do a clear coat on just those areas, and power buff the area .... minimal invasion and great results ....... but you have to find someone with the airbrush skills.
yup base coat/clear coat.
it takes a special shop to do what you're saying. most production shop is get in spray and get out..that's it.

that really sucks that happened to your car Arrwin. hopefully the repair will come out perfect for you.

BTW who buffed out the scratches? the after pic looks a lot better than the before...but unfortunately the mark is still there.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:04 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Awww. Arrwin am really sorry to hear about this.

I am sure its utterly frustrating and confusing. Can't imagine how I would react.

Best thing to do is to get it sorted, better than before, do a few other things whilst its in the shop.

Really sorry man.....

Phil
Old 07-06-2009, 05:05 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 82 Posts

Just know that this douche didn't key your car and jump into his Mercedes or Land Rover. He did it, laughed like a retarded fool and jumped into his POS pickup and drove to his trailer to bang his cousin...his male cousin. You almost have to feel sorry for a lowlife who is left to take pleasure in damaging something he is jealous of because he knows he is unable to even aspire to have it.

You still have to knock every tooth in his head out if you find him to help teach him about consequences.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:13 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Arrrghhh... I can't understand why someone would do something like that. Sorry to see that Arrwin.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 PM
speedy88
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dr. Color Chip

Sorry to hear about your car. I like my car's finish to be as original as possible too.

Give this a try before a paint job:

http://drcolorchip.com/

Good luck.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Man, I am so sorry to see this

If you do take it up to Automobile Associates I can shuttle over to Amtrak to get you back to NYC.

Originally Posted by cbk07
Sorry to see that Arrwin....people suck these days. I have used Automobile Associates of Canton in CT for years. In my opinion, they are the best around although a couple of hours from you. I am sure there are many great shops around. Take care, Craig

Here is a link http://automobileassociates.com/

Quick Reply: Car Keyed by Low-Life