What's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's it worth?

I'm going to replace my daily driver and since I don't pay too much attention to 993's and prices lately, I thought I'd ask for input.

My 993 Iris Blue cabriolet has about 85k miles and I'd say is in very good condition.
Repainted to clean up ~13 years of use last year so the paint is in great shape. It has Euro bumper covers front and rear (no bumperettes), the front is the turbo cover. I'll be putting new rear tires on it (S02A). New valve covers and a major clean up to the engine last year (done by Jerry Woods). It has a re-geared transmission with short ratio gears (5th moved to 6th and 2-5 redone) with a light weight flywheel. I added an Alpine iDA-X001 for iPod, and bluetooth/hands free.

What else would a prospective buyer need/want to know?
What do you think it's worth? (Is $35k unreasonable?)
Old 06-21-2009, 04:39 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Hate to say it, but even with the tranny re-gear, it seems like you'd be lucky to crack even $30K these days. From what people here are saying, you can get a newer C4S or a C2S with similar mileage for about $35K.

Probably mid to high $20s. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Hate to say it, but even with the tranny re-gear, it seems like you'd be lucky to crack even $30K these days. From what people here are saying, you can get a newer C4S or a C2S with similar mileage for about $35K.

Probably mid to high $20s. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!
Pretty much what I was thinking, too. My thought before I read the second post is that it'll be a high $20K car at best. Good luck, Tom!!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:13 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
I'm going to replace my daily driver and since I don't pay too much attention to 993's and prices lately, I thought I'd ask for input.

My 993 Iris Blue cabriolet has about 85k miles and I'd say is in very good condition.
Repainted to clean up ~13 years of use last year so the paint is in great shape. It has Euro bumper covers front and rear (no bumperettes), the front is the turbo cover. I'll be putting new rear tires on it (S02A). New valve covers and a major clean up to the engine last year (done by Jerry Woods). It has a re-geared transmission with short ratio gears (5th moved to 6th and 2-5 redone) with a light weight flywheel. I added an Alpine iDA-X001 for iPod, and bluetooth/hands free.

What else would a prospective buyer need/want to know?
What do you think it's worth? (Is $35k unreasonable?)
Tom,

It may be more profitable for you to swap the gearbox and LWF with a local rennlister (like me), and sell the car for a bit less with the standard parts.

PM me if you'd like to discuss.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 06-21-2009, 10:49 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Tom...I don't recall...what is your color combo?
Old 06-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jos: Iris blue with light grey/blue interior and a blue top.

I'm not interested in doing a transmission swap. It's not worth the time or effort to me.

Thanks for the thoughts on price - it is what it is and wishing will it make it more valuable.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree on price (mid to upper-mid 20s). The repaint doesn't help as originality is key.

Quick Reply: What's it worth?