Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Detailing part 1: Just how clean is my paintwork?!? – Clay bar the facts you need to

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 AM
600RR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark: IMO your detail info is great and I hope you keep the posts coming. Personally I couldn't care less if you are "marketing" the product. Each of us can make our own buy/nobuy decision and a suggestion that someone buying your product is unwise because of cost misses the point. At the end of the day the cost is the least of the concerns. If the effort produces a great result one feels it was a good move. If not, it doesn't matter what the cost was. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir (we are a long-standing paid RL sponsor) but at the end of the day I did made a promise to ship which was not 100% fulfilled so I understand and appreciate others comments.

I'm currently writting a dedicated thread now and resizing pics ... It'll take a bit of time as the car is well on it's way - I'll cover several other projects in the thread P-car related.

Last pic for this thread:

^ Please, I know the wheels are on the wrong way and there is over spray all on the underside ... this is a nut and bolt restore so all will either be renewed or restored. The underside of the car will be painted last when the engine is out for full rebuild and all the bolt on goodies which there are many. If you see dust/dirt/rot it's probably going in the bin
Old 08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Future, I don't think you have done anything wrong from a martketing standpoint or anything. You are a site sponsor and your sig clearly states you are a Swissvax dealer. Your threads have some good content, which I'm sure was appreciated by many here.

It would have been better to have posted back when you realized you didn't have enough samples for everyone.

What wheeels are on your car? Veolce? Staying with them?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 PM
future
Banned

Thanks Bart you are 100% correct that I should have posted back which I'm to blame ... lesson learnt

Yep very well spotted they are the no longer available Veloce GT1 wheels. I used to have them on my first mid-blue 993 back in 2004. They are great wheels and extremely light. They have sat in my garage since end of 2004 when I swapped out to ATS alloys.

I'm going to have them powder coated satin black on Monday - already purchased the new rubber and callipers are being powder coated yellow as I type.

Got new 993 Big reds and discs but they are going on the 968 Turbo S replica so stock will remain for the moment.

These wheels will only be a short-term solution but not 100% decided yet as there is just some much left to do. Might even go turbo rear fenders yet ... currently sitting on the wall regards that one

Last edited by future; 09-01-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I agree! Your only mis-step was leaving us hangin"...
By the way, I have received NO additional solicitations/junk mail/etc...
Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Bouzoukikid
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by future
^ Please, I know the wheels are on the wrong way and there is over spray all on the underside ... this is a nut and bolt restore so all will either be renewed or restored. The underside of the car will be painted last when the engine is out for full rebuild and all the bolt on goodies which there are many. If you see dust/dirt/rot it's probably going in the bin
That is a very detailed rebuild and the work seems to be of a high standard. Will be interesting to follow.

Sorry for my earlier post. Was having a bad day and should have kept my thoughts to myself.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:19 PM
future
Banned

No probs everyone and if the truth be know - as the saying goes "if the shoe was on the other foot" I'd have felt let down also = me bad <-- but learn from mistake

Nearly finished new thread and will be up live in about 20 mins - still re-sizing lots of pics
Old 08-31-2010, 06:07 PM
MM993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Future, I did get the sample from the first run, Thank you.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 PM
nskd3
Instructor

Hey Future. I got the samples today. Thank you very much! Now to give them a try.

Quick Reply: Detailing part 1: Just how clean is my paintwork?!? – Clay bar the facts you need to