993 Forum 1995-1998

Looking for standard RoW springs and sway bars

Old 04-01-2009, 03:53 PM
RacingFlyer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for standard RoW springs and sway bars

Hi,

This message is more directed to our friends who live on the old continent (where I am originally from...). I just had a crazy idea. I think I would like to set the suspension of my US sold Marlene to RoW standards, ie install Euro springs and Euro sway bars so it rides like... the ones I remember back from France and Germany

I can already hear some folks yelling "Go M030!". Well I tried a car with M030 and it is too rough for my wife's back. I hear others say "Go PSS10!!". Well, I may, but right now, I can't justify such an expense on the car

So, if somebody has the following stuff laying around hos or her garage (say after an M030 or a PSS10 upgrade), PM me and let see if we can cut a deal:

- Front Coil springs: 993 343 531 00 -Red-
- Rear Coil springs: 993 333 531 02 -Violet- or 993 333 531 03 -Grey- (supposedly interchangeable)
- Front sway bar: 993 343 707 00 (21mm)
- Rear sway bar: 993 333 701 01 (18mm)

Regarding shipping, I still have an address in France so, the cheapest between shipping to France or the US will be used. If you happen to live close to Paris, I may even be able to arrange for a local pickup.

Thanks!

Benoit
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Hey, whatever you want is your business. But what are you doing for shocks? If you put those springs and thicker bars on 14 year old shocks, it will not be like what you were driving in Germany. Think lumber wagon.....
Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Benoit,
Are you thinking of using new factory US shocks or going the a set of HDs?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:15 PM
RacingFlyer
Instructor

Originally Posted by viperbob
Hey, whatever you want is your business. But what are you doing for shocks? If you put those springs and thicker bars on 14 year old shocks, it will not be like what you were driving in Germany. Think lumber wagon.....
Hey Bob,

Don't worry, I won't do such a stupid thing. I've been around performance cars a little bit. A set of Bilstein HD (here is your answer Travis) will come along with this setup.

But Bob, I have to tell you, those 14 year old shocks and 14 year old US springs were not even 0.2s behind a PSS10 equipped 993 at the last Autocross And yes, it was a dry day, so the C4 had nothing to do with it! Sorry Travis, couldn't resist...
Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your funny Benoit. Your also a much better driver / jet pilot than I.
But I was very surprised that you beat me all day long. Well, until the last run.

Sorry to hijack Benoit. But after that!!!

Bob, that brings me to a question. What type of options do we have for adjustable sways? I've read the usual on here - H&R, TRG, M030, and RS. Are there any others? And in your opinion what are the best for a PSS10 setup?
BTW I'm the guy who helped Stuart install the M030 suspension and sways you sold him.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 AM
RacingFlyer
Instructor

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Your funny Benoit. Your also a much better driver / jet pilot than I.
But I was very surprised that you beat me all day long. Well, until the last run.
Just wait until I get a set of soft rubber tires !
Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

A set of Bilstein HD will come along with this setup.
The hard high speed damping of the HDs will affect your ride more than a small difference in spring rate. Why not get new factory struts as well?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Bob, that brings me to a question. What type of options do we have for adjustable sways? I've read the usual on here - H&R, TRG, M030, and RS. Are there any others? And in your opinion what are the best for a PSS10 setup?
BTW I'm the guy who helped Stuart install the M030 suspension and sways you sold him.
Best is relative. Depends on what you want to do. First, the M030 is not adjustable. But it is a VERY good compliment to the PSS10. The RS bars are OUT OF SIGHT $$wise (last time I checked they were up to $1500 list). The H&R products I will not even sell. I take them off cars mostly. A Rennlister yesterday bought a HD/M030 setup from me to replace an H&R installation. So that sort of by defualt leaves the TRG. I have been selling and installing the TRGs for 10+ years now on 993s with the PSSxx and fortunately they work GREAT. Also relatively inexpensive. Biggest issue with installing after the fact for the PSS10s is that the sway bar drop link height has to be changed. This means removing the toe arm and an alignment at the end. Hope that helps....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for standard RoW springs and sway bars