Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Trade: Fister Stage III Mufflers for (Stockers+$) (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/480836-trade-fister-stage-iii-mufflers-for-stockers.html)

swmic 02-05-2009 02:05 PM

Trade: Fister Stage III Mufflers for (Stockers+$)

Hi All,

I have some Fister Stage III mufflers that I'd like to trade for some stock cans plus some cash. The Fisters are from my newly purchased C4S from fellow Rennlister kdurg. The car has sport cats, and with the addition of the Stage III's, the volume is too much for me. The sound quality however is NICE. I'm not a fan of loud exhaust. I've researched the archives and would like to start with stock mufflers due to the sport cats. I can always change to RSR's or LPMMs later if it's not enough. I've been told this trade is worth something like $400-$450. PM or email me if you are interested and we'll work something out.

I'll have some photos of the car later, although most of you have seen it around here for years. It's shivering in the garage right now with way too much salt and stone chips on the road right now. I still have my 964 which I will probably sell later this spring. I certainly have a new found respect for the 964.

Matt Lane 02-05-2009 02:33 PM

PM sent

Best,

Matt

TAI2 02-05-2009 05:30 PM

You might want to talk to Darin and work out a deal for Fister Stage I's or II's as these are incrementally quieter. Alternately, if you find you like the Stage II's I would be willing to swap - I have Stage II's and would like to get Stage III's.

Tom

TAI2 02-05-2009 05:32 PM

Also, "Cactus" who lives in Pa. was looking to hear and possibly get Stage III's.

twinreds 02-05-2009 06:02 PM

pm sent

nt

swmic 02-05-2009 06:10 PM

Hi Tom,

I already talked to "Cactus" and Darin about them. After reading several posts in the archives, I'd really like to go with stock to start with because of the sport cats. I've read some posts that claimed even LPMMs were loud with sport cats especially when you get on it. They also said stock mufflers were noticeably louder with the cats. As I said in the initial post, I can always go louder if I want.

Shawn

Geets 02-05-2009 06:21 PM

What about going the other way and swapping sport cats for stock cats?

Cactus 02-05-2009 07:29 PM

I want to hear the II's and III's but I have been itching for a little more sound. Your cans probably wouldn't fit though since mine is a 95....anyone wanna chime in? Very busy right now so I'll log back on late tonight or tomorrow.

Geets 02-05-2009 07:42 PM

Busy?? Are you raising the car up another notch on the jackstands? :)

timothymoffat 02-05-2009 07:47 PM

Will NB fit WB & vice versa?

FisterD 02-05-2009 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cactus (Post 6255289)
I want to hear the II's and III's but I have been itching for a little more sound. Your cans probably wouldn't fit though since mine is a 95....anyone wanna chime in? Very busy right now so I'll log back on late tonight or tomorrow.

95-98 NA cars are all the same. Just Bischoff or Gillet which determine how the tips mount. Bischoff uses a seperate sealing ring (doughnut) on the tip side, Gillets have it built in.

Originally Posted by timothymoffat (Post 6255368)
Will NB fit WB & vice versa?

WB and NB have the same mufflers. WB tips are offset to fit WB bumper.

Chuck W. 02-05-2009 09:43 PM

I have a pair of stock mufflers. I removed them at 60,000 miles when I put my Supercups on. I'll give you a long term lone of them until you decide what you want to do.

Cactus 02-05-2009 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Geets (Post 6255348)
Busy?? Are you raising the car up another notch on the jackstands? :)

Work and other commitments just about killed me this week! I would like to hear all the different Fister Dizzle variations but it needs to warm up and the roads need to clear up as well before the Cactuswagen comes out to play.

Full Boost 02-06-2009 12:08 AM

Work? :D
Other Comittments:O

I dont believe you for one second...

Cactus 02-06-2009 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Full Boost (Post 6256201)
Work? :D
Other Comittments:O

I dont believe you for one second...

Done for the week and here on out it is all fun.....look out!!!!