Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Any info on International Sports Cars (Mark) in Austin/Spicewood

Old 10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
grwoolf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any info on International Sports Cars (Mark) in Austin/Spicewood

OK, I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on a local car here in Austin. The seller is a guy named Mark who is a local collector/dealer. He has a company called international sports cars that specialize in 993's and he's got about 20 of them in Spicewood, right outside of Austin, TX.

I've got my eye on an Arena Red 25k mile C2S he has and I think we are close to getting a deal done. He wants a few grand more than I think the car is worth on the open market, but I expect that from a dealer and I really like the car and it saves me the hassle of flying, shipping, etc. to look at out of state cars.

I've talked with the prior owner and I feel good about the history and it has decent records. I saw a couple negative comments about Mark on Rennlist a couple weeks back and would like some additional feedback (good or bad). I am pretty cautious with any seller, but especially dealers. Mark has been very low pressure and patient as I've been out to his place 4 times figuring out my wishes, driving his cars, etc. We don't see eye to eye on a few things when evaluating cars, but I can live with that and make my own evaluation of the car and will certainly have a PPI done prior to purchase. If anyone has any good or bad feedback on Mark or his company, I'd love to hear it before I make a final decision. Feel free to send me a PM or we can talk via phone if that is more appropriate.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
tigerrat
Advanced

Curious if you went ahead with the deal? I spoke to him back in May about a couple of cars but never pursued. His prices sounded high and he seemed so ambivalent about selling. Thanks, Ken
Old 11-05-2008, 10:27 PM
grwoolf
Racer

Car was in for the PPI today. Overall, the car checked out very good, but we have a few issues left to negotiate on based on the PPI results. Hopefully, I'll have it in my garage this weekend, but I'll keep looking if things don't work out (trying to patient).
Old 11-06-2008, 10:28 AM
tigerrat
Advanced

Sounds great. Good luck with the process. Great cars, esp. with the low miles. Ken
Old 07-19-2014, 06:14 PM
SlimShadySkip
2nd Gear

Not a Porsche guy, never owned one.

But I know Marc.

What you will be suprised to know is that He was in trouble in NY for fraudulently offering and selling fifty-six individuals $4.3 million in unregistered securities. But the Multiple Porsche's that he had aquired at that time (30+ Porsche's) . Which were all kept at his basement garage in Spicewood Tx (where he now laughably runs a Smoke Shop too. LOL in a neighborhood of pretty Affluent Familys and such). They were ALL purchased with CASH and Titles Held OPEN (meaning that seller Signed to Transfer Ownership, BUT He never transferred ownership into his name) A Way to HIDE Over a Million Dollars worth of Illegal Funds from the Authorities. And from what I gathered He Only Sold them when he was short on funds and needed an influx of cash

In the couple face to face dealings with him and the time he took me over to show me all of his cars (back in 2008/2009) he seemed like a really Nice Guy. Very Warm and Approchable. But then I never had any "Business" dealings with him Only a brief aquaintance in passing that he was bragging and showing off to. At that time he also had a very nice Cliff Side House right there on Lake Travis. I was impressed with the Cars and His House and like I said he seemed like a pretty nice guy. Just thought you guys discussing him would like to know the origin of the Cars...

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/34-50490.htm

Last edited by SlimShadySkip; 07-19-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:19 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts
Default ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very timely.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:46 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
Very timely.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:48 PM
destence
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in the Austin area and would suggest waiting for the right car sold from a fellow Rennlister or PAC member. I flew to Cali to purchase my 993 and loved the experience . The car has been great.

PM if you want to talk about the adventure that was buying our 993.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Reno 911
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
Very timely.
+1 (or does the make that two? lol)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any info on International Sports Cars (Mark) in Austin/Spicewood