WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

How did it go?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Mayadino
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for your input. The car is a beauty! No surprises or disappointments...only revision to my option list is that it has the 17" 5-spoke wheels (with new tires), not 18" twists. Very well maintained, garaged with a cover, only a few nicks under the front spoiler, otherwise paint is like new. Front bumper was resprayed to fix surface scratches from being backed into. The car drove well, had documentation for all service work done (of course not much needed with the low mileage) and no major repairs have been needed. Also a nice surprise, it has upgraded aluminum shifter, brake lever and instrument bezels. Interior also looked great and was consistent with the mileage...little if any wear on any of the pedals or other places typically seen. The comfort seats feel and fit great.

I put down a deposit and hope to have it home in a couple days. Will post pictures when it's mine!

Thanks again...oh, any comments regarding 17" wheels vs. 18" wheels greatly appreciated. I'm already thinking about upgrades...a slippery slope I know. Suspension would be a strong initial candidate I believe.

Cheers,

Deryk
Old 10-26-2008, 11:35 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

Uhhhhhh, WOW!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thankfully you didn't disclose the seller in your original post.....we didn't need that drama all over again.

Congrats on an awesome deal. As others have mentioned you purchased that car at least $8K below market. IMHO.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,800 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Thankfully you didn't disclose the seller in your original post.....we didn't need that drama all over again.

Congrats on an awesome deal. As others have mentioned you purchased that car at least $8K below market. IMHO.
+1...Well played. When you find a gem, you've got to secure it right away, especially if it's priced like this one.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:39 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Very nice deal on a very nice 993. Good luck with your new purchase.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in Johannesburg at the moment and heard the BANG from here! Well done!

Reference the 17 inchers: in my opinion the 18's fill up the wheel wells better .. cosmetic advantage. Otherwise, the 17's have a bit more grip.. every thing being even.

Now for the slippery slope: your new wheels should be either Kinesis or BBS RSGT's (if still available. They are CH 11)... ensure you have the proper offset and presto.. $?000 less in your pocket. Big boys and their toys CONGRATS
Old 11-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Mayadino
Intermediate

Well group, I had hoped to be posting photos of my new 993...but unfortunately the deal didn't happen. Turns out the owner had not informed his wife he was selling the car...and that he was reconsidering. I had not slept a wink the night after seeing the car worried that something would foul the deal...I had actually thought someone would make him an offer he couldn't refuse, but he told me that was not the case, and that if he reconsiders again I'll be the first to know. Needless to say I'm crushed as I had been looking for awhile for a 993 of this caliber.

After I catch my breath I'll begin my search again...thanks again for everyone's positive posts. I was really excited for the 24 hours that it lasted!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:59 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

Old 11-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Butzi
Pro

Originally Posted by Mayadino
Well group, I had hoped to be posting photos of my new 993...but unfortunately the deal didn't happen. Turns out the owner had not informed his wife he was selling the car...and that he was reconsidering. I had not slept a wink the night after seeing the car worried that something would foul the deal...I had actually thought someone would make him an offer he couldn't refuse, but he told me that was not the case, and that if he reconsiders again I'll be the first to know. Needless to say I'm crushed as I had been looking for awhile for a 993 of this caliber.

After I catch my breath I'll begin my search again...thanks again for everyone's positive posts. I was really excited for the 24 hours that it lasted!
Something as good or better will come around. I had the exact same experience when shopping for my 993. A local Rennlister, nice guy, was prepared to sell, then told his wife, who was NOT in the same camp. So I lost out on a Grand Prix white C2; it was exactly what I was looking for. Fast forward a few months later and my C4S popped up, the rest is history...

Gook luck, and much patience. Apparantly, it is becoming a buyer's market, so good "deals" will be had...
Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Bummer, indeed. Good luck on your hunt, remember, the hunt is half the fun.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Dam that market is changing FAST!
Sounds like a incredible car, jump on it & POST SOME PICS!

Guess, I should have read all the post, sorry you didn't get it. There are a bunch of real nice ones out there!!

Good LUCK!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 PM
jsh
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mayadino

Sounds like he is unsure about seling and blaming it on the wife. Go back and offer him 1500-2000 more and see if he bites.....
Old 11-07-2008, 11:29 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

That's a great deal. You're about to ste__ it! However, read more, there could be a possiblity of gremlins that come back to cost you. TBS: $30K for a 21K mileage car is unthunkable.

Grab it!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:17 AM
wayne993
Instructor

So.... did I miss the post? What happened?

Quick Reply: 1997 993 Coupe - bit of help to confirm value