993 Forum 1995-1998

Greetings fellow Hong Kongers

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Alan993S
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Greetings fellow Hong Kongers

Greetings from Perth, Australia..... well we have been here for just over two months now and are slowly settling in, but missing our friends in Honkers. The good news is that the 993 arrived safely. I collected the car at the Freemantle ship yard last Friday and the wife drove it home for me as I had to go to a meeting. The whole process of importing a car to Aus was not as bad as I expected especially since I had a shipping agent that was really on the ball. All I need to do now is have baby anchors installed above the rear seat (a Aus safety requirement in all cars) and I will be set for registration and the open road. Costs of shiping worked out a little less than expected despite the increased shipping costs... good news.

Will look at contacting the porsche crowd here to see if i can join their group rides.

Hope you guys are all well. I will be back in HK for a wedding in November so may be able to catch up with a few of you.

Will post some pictures of my cars new home (no more 20 minute bus ride to get the car like I had to do in HK)

best regards
Alan
Old 10-07-2008, 03:32 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, that's one less 993 left in Hong Kong...they are getting rarer and rarer the last few years

...but glad to hear you arrived safely and that you're baby will have a great home
Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 AM
sydneymark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome to Aus

Good luck in WA ..Perth is beautiful and the beaches are great ...plenty of open roads ...

Hope your a/c is working you will need it in Feb ...not as bad as Aug in HK but hotter and dryer ..+39C but low humidity

If you are looking for anything on the east coast let me know if I can help
Old 10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

Are there any HK Rennlist meets? Will be there in November.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Alan993S
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks David.

Thanks for the offer Mark. Perhaps when I finish up with this contract we will move across to the east coast and be able to have a drive. Had to de-gas the A/C before shipping so will definitely get it sorted out soon.

Joe, dont think there are many Rennlister here, but have heard there is quite an active Porsche club so will investigate further and hopefully be able to organsise a drive.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 AM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b5audia4
Are there any HK Rennlist meets? Will be there in November.
I will be there at the end of November! First time in HK.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:21 AM
sydneymark
Advanced

Alan

The PCNSW here in Sydney draws a good crowd at each monthly meeting (when I am not travelling overseas I go as you always learn something) of around +30 members on a tuesday night

There is also the monthly Sunday morning drives organised by the club ....So I assume the same will be organised in WA (Perth)

If you do move over to Sydney or Melbourne...happy to help with contacts

Quick Reply: Greetings fellow Hong Kongers