Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Source for a project 993?

Old 08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that sounds like a great project. I would have loved to do something like that with my Dad. I have to agree with the high mileage car over a wreaker. The money you save on not replacing some wreaked components could be used to buy some nice modifications--maybe even enough to build a nice RS Clone.

+1 on the photo essay -- it is for us not for you...
--Joe

PS. 75 posts, and starting a big project...might be time to spend the money and become a member.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:30 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcdude68
I did the whole father-son monster project on my '65 Mustang in high school. Great experience. . .
I started my first project as a wrecked 1967 VW Beetle, that Santa brought me for Christmas when I was 15. My dad and I turned it in to a Baja Bug. With everything that I learned doing that project, my best friend and I bought matching 1965 Mustangs and restored them together. These projects were one of the best things that my father could have ever given me, because I truly felt like I could take apart anything and fix it . . . and in the ensuing years, I have do so with cars, motorcycles, houses, etc. However, with all the modern electronics in cars today, I feel pretty ignorant again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Source for a project 993?