993 Forum 1995-1998

Just got deeply scr*wed....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 12:51 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
when you buy something used, weather it's car, house, clothes, jewelry or whatever, you MUST inspect it in person and preferably bring an expert with you. it doesn't matter whom you bought the item from. i would inspect it even if i was buying from myself.
Hey, you're not allowed over here in aircooledland.......... See what this thread has dragged in!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:03 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
I'm thankful that Lawrence posted in the Racing & DE thread so I could come and check out this crazy situation. It gives me some more to read while I watch Le Mans...
Re. Le Mans, the 007 Aston Martin looks freakin' hot in the Gulf colors... very cool.

This thread is still open? Someone (Matt?) put it out of it's misery
Old 06-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil
one time at band camp.

this is insane. someone paid too much for a car, and after x number of months gets remorse. Did the seller have a gun to the buyers head? as far as I recall, you can make an offer on a purchase. case in point, I just bought something (not a car).the person wanted 14k, ......I offered 5k!!......we settled at 6k.......I then had the item checked out. all was good..........I wrote the check. keep in mind the price was 14k, I offered 5k.......my price was accepted....I then did my homework...........GET IT?.........so in keeping with the stupidity of this thread......in 6 months I will be bashed on another forum, for offering so little, yet the buyer accepted the offer?????????

so the OP poster paid too much, boo fukn hoo!!!!!............he/she bought it!......the person selling got all the money for the car..........boo ***'n hoo......last I checked we still live( well for a few more months anyway) in a free market society........by that I mean, for the idiots here.......I can put something up for sale, at any price.....I CHOOSE......and if someone agrees to buy it........at that price....it becomes theirs!!.........so, and I know it maybe hard to understand for many, that want "change" and "fairness" for all........if I have a rock, and I put it on ebay, or whatever site.......and I ask 1 million dollars for the rock........and someone says.....Ok I will pay one million dollars for your rock.......I will collect the 1 million dollars for the rock. all I did was ASK........someone decided that my rock was in fact worth 1 million dollars............GET IT? NO ONE FORCED WHAT EVER HIS SCREEN NAME TO BUY THE CAR FROM WHATEVER HIS SCREEN NAME IS........and to the poster that is taking notes about people who don't agree with the fair market society we live in.....F off!! I have given more P car related stuff, than you have had!!...........

and on that note! I do have a couple of oil filters, free.........just pay the shipping!, and I prolly have some other 993 items...........for free.........just pay the shipping............BUT , BUT, BUT......i will re read this thread, and the guy/gal/dude/dudette/ thats taking notes..............whatever......If you want my free items.........so sorry, they are not free to you.............SUE ME
If the filters are phlat black, I'll take them.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:39 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Trying to keep the thread from getting ugly is bit better then lighting up the torches and/or forming the lynch mobs....or counting people's posts for that matter.

Don't you think?
I don't know. It's not my nature to try and control what others do. I just like to point out the hypocrisy when I see it. You can return to thrilling us with your acumen.

Have a nice weekend.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:54 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with centerpunch, drjupeman and others who feel Matt is the one to blame here. Lawrence did nothing wrong. I would also think the Garage that did the PPI may know of this thread(or should) so he can also clear his name. But then, they could be the true culprit.

So far, Matt has done nothing but tarnish the reputations and characters of the seller and PPI shop by providing no proof or documentation, (i.e. PHOTOS!).
The earlier photos of the car are gorgeous and I'll bet it will look just as good after a proper detail. I could keep mine in my garage for six months and I'll guarentee, it will look like crap till I wash it. His was in an auto maintenance shop for gooodness sake. You don't think anyone sat in it? Or ever moved it outside to make room? C'mon. Water does not sit for six months in a small puddle.

I was also disappointed in wasting so much of my time on this thread but am glad I did. So many of you provided great info for my next purchase and sale. My personal faves being Centerpunches Bill of Sale and Release and the YouTube video ideas. And,well, it was quite entertaining.

I also think Lawrence should only send the centercaps and let Matt deal with the garage that did the PPI and lousy storage.

So far as I can see, Matt was just "Trolling" and boy did it work!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:59 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree we bluejam!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:10 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

So many "bottom lines".... I thought I'd chime in and give my 0.02 cents.

- The actual price is not so relevant. It was agreed upon. But the part that hurts is that the seller misrepresented the car (at least from what we can tell). I'd be equally pissed, more so than your garden-variety "buyer's remorse".

- This thread is of particular interest because we *are* a community, and we do trust each other, and we do rely on each other. For a Rennlister not to do everything to make a transaction honest, smooth, and as trouble-free as possible kinda sucks. Again, details unknown.

- The buyer made many mistakes we've clearly outlined about 993 times already. No need to rehash.

- However, storing the car at Dan's garage until summer is completely understandable, given that the buyer lives in the (very) cold and (very) white north. It's where I'm from, trust me you wouldn't want to even drive a car up there to store it if you could store it in a (formally??) reputable garage for 250$ a month. I can't possibly imagine how the seller could have soaked the car and it still be wet 6 months later. It must have been an issue with Dan's garage. I can tell you I'd never store a car in Dan's garage after reading this thread...

- I'm not familiar with the legalities, but from the limited info we've read, I would think there could be a strong case. Whether it's against the seller or the garage is in the details which we have no clue about, so it's not for us to judge.

Rob, a fellow Canadian

Last edited by early_grayce; 06-14-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typos
Old 06-14-2008, 02:18 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

-" I'm not familiar with the legalities, but from the limited info we've read, I would thing there could be a strong case. Whether it's against the seller or the garage is in the details which we have no clue about, so it's not for us to judge."
-Rob, a fellow Canadian

That was my point. Matt has no case. He has no right to bash a fellow Rennlister without proper proof. He's just left us all hanging.

If this was a court of law, it would have been thrown out 20 pages ago and he would be paying all legal fees to the court and all of us jurors.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:19 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I don't know. It's not my nature to try and control what others do. I just like to point out the hypocrisy when I see it. You can return to thrilling us with your acumen.

Have a nice weekend.
Wow...you must be a lot of fun at parties.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:22 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Trying to keep the thread from getting ugly is bit better then lighting up the torches and/or forming the lynch mobs....or counting people's posts for that matter.

Don't you think?

Have a nice weekend.
I'll tell you what I think... A nice TT is still worth more than a nice C2S.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:23 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Wow...you must be a lot of fun at parties.
lol
Old 06-14-2008, 02:34 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
I'll tell you what I think... A nice TT is still worth more than a nice C2S.
Gonzilla, please stop using common sense against those afflicted with ISSD, also known as Ignorant Stupid Statement Disorder. Symptoms include high horsing, hypocrisy and athlete's foot on the tongue from constantly putting one's foot in one's mouth. Currently, there is no cure, but those suffering from this dreaded condition appear to find some comfort in making more inane statements, like a nice C2S is worth more than a nice 993TT.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:35 PM
goldcountryboy
Three Wheelin'

pictures, please. please.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I don't have my engine undertray installed because I believe I get better cooling without it. Anyone have an opinion on this?
Old 06-14-2008, 02:41 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by goldcountryboy
pictures, please. please.
+1

pictures speak 20+ pages

Quick Reply: Just got deeply scr*wed....