993 Forum 1995-1998

Signals for TPS & RPM for Input to Traqmate

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
GP White
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signals for TPS & RPM for Input to Traqmate

I'm in the process of installing a Traqmate system and amongst other things I want to log throttle position and RPM. In the 1995 993 (OBD I) there is a TPS signal from the engine that provides input to the DME; there is also an RPM signal providing input to the DME.

The concern is that tapping into the TPS signal may reduce the voltage and cause the engine the run lean. Based on other posts on RL, I think the resistance in the Traqmate circuit may be high enough to prevent lowering the signal voltage, but Traqmate is noncommittal.

The alternative to the existing TPS signal is to install a string potentiometer and get a dedicated signal. I don't know if the RPM signal would be changed by tapping into it at the DME, but one alternative is available at the back of the tach.

Has anyone successfully used the DME input signals for inputs on a Traqmate system?

TIA for any guidance.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:18 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I've successfully tapped RPM and Throttle for my DL1. I've posted the exact details, including color wires many times, mainly in the DE/Race Forum. Can't remember the wire colors offhand.

Quick Reply: Signals for TPS & RPM for Input to Traqmate