Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Another Permanent SAI Fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:17 AM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

From all that I've read on the subject, the secondary air injection system is place to act like a bellows in a furnace and speed the heating of the catalytic converter (the furnace). It matters not whether it is hot air or cool air; actually, cool air is better because it's denser and it contains more oxygen, and more oxygen creates more heat.

I don't see this modification as by-passing anything. I see it as an enhancement and improvement over the existing apparently flawed system! Throwing a CEL for a clogged secondary air port, has absolutely no bearing on how clean the car is running, once the vehicle is brought up to temp; which as most know, is the only time a car should be brought in for a smog test.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:49 AM
Jay777
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm glad this thread resurfaced - it settles something I've always wondered about. One of the old repair records I got with my 97 says something to the effect "Removed piping used to bypass SAI, which didn't work". Interestingly, my car spent most of it's life in AZ and used the same shop roebedo used to do his piping mod - Stuttgart Southwest. Can't be a coincidence. Roebedo - if you're still around, how'd it work out long term for you?

Quick Reply: Another Permanent SAI Fix