993 Forum 1995-1998

RS panel questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts
Default RS panel questions

I know this has been a well posted topic, and I've searched the archives. I'll be investigating further directly with Autos International and Appbiz and make a decision between the 2 of them.

Was wondering though, besides the panel itself, what associated bits and hadware will I need to complete the installation? Door straps? Fasteners? Anything else I should be asking for when I call?

Thanks in advance for any tips from those that have been there/done that.

Cheers~!

Matt
Old 01-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the APPBIZ RS door panel today. I put it in my race car. The only thing I added they did not send were stainless # 8 sheet metal screws and #8 finishing washers. I used these to secure the sides and bottome of the panel. I just pre-drilled and screwed them into the door. I did not mind the hardware being stainless and showing as my shifter is brushed silver and my Sparco steering wheel is also silver. You could paint them black if you wanted easily.

The door pulls that come with them are very easy to install and quite stout. I don't think you will need anything else other than what comes with them. I compared them to the look of our other two factory RSAs sitting right next door and they look better as they are brand new.

If you are installing all of the factory hardware it will take some time but worth it. I just installed the pulls and the handle and one window switch. I just re used the metal part that the switch snaped into from the old panel. No problem.

Jeff

Quick Reply: RS panel questions