993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: BMW 335XI

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
jhale
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: BMW 335XI

I just had the pleasure of borrowing my friends brand new 335XI for the day and all I can say is WOW!!! I know several members have or have had the M3 and M5 but I'm curious if anyone else has the 335XI. I considered the new V8 M3 for a little while but don't love the new body style. Given the unpredicable weather out here this is a sweet alternative. Thoughts?
Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't have an XI but I don't need the X, I'm in Atlanta, (although last week I could've used it).

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE the car. It is a ROCKET... Up until the new $75K V8 M3 it is the faster than all previous M's. You also don't get nailed w/ the "M" insurance on the car. It handles better than any car I've ever had. I'm not sure if your buddies car had iDrive or not but it is very cool on this car. It actually receives traffic updates from other cars and will reroute you, update arrival times, etc. Plus all the other tech goodies built into it are very cool.

I could go on and on about the car...

Down Fall is cockpit is a little smaller than I'd prefer, but an easy compromise for what you get...

Quick Reply: OT: BMW 335XI