Notices

I can't believe this car is still available

 
Old 01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
  #1  
ninjabones
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
ninjabones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 1,781
Default I can't believe this car is still available

This car is still listed in the classified section (clicky). There was some buzz about it a few weeks ago. I can't believe nobody has jumped on it. At $45,000 this seams like the deal of the century for a great DE/street car. I've got close to $45,000 in my car at this point, and it will never perform like this one. If I had to do it over again, I'd likely scoop this one up and drive the hell out of her for a long time.

Anyone want to go in on an investment? $15K each and we split up all the parts three ways (I get the TT engine, evo uprights, monoballs & links, GT3 seats, cage, steering wheel, forgeline wheels, MPSC tires, AWE exhaust, K16/24 hybrid turbos, big red brakes, regeared tranny, LSD, GT2 tail, RS mounts, RSR Sways, RS short shift kit)... the other two guys can have the rest.
ninjabones is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 02:39 PM
  #2  
xcusemi
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
xcusemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 369
Red face

I think it must have somthing to do with our economy. Look at the housing as well as stock market. They both taking a big hit, and I dont think there is any light at the end of the tunnel yet. I personally think this is just the beginning and it might last well over 1-2 yrs.

Again, this is just my 2 cents, Housing is bad, Stock is melting down, Dollar is weak. In the mean time, oil price hoover around all time high etc..

Thinking about this is really getting me nervous!! ..very nervous
xcusemi is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 02:53 PM
  #3  
sdcabrio
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,057
Default

Originally Posted by xcusemi View Post
I think it must have somthing to do with our economy. Look at the housing as well as stock market. They both taking a big hit, and I dont think there is any light at the end of the tunnel yet. I personally think this is just the beginning and it might last well over 1-2 yrs.

Again, this is just my 2 cents, Housing is bad, Stock is melting down, Dollar is weak. In the mean time, oil price hoover around all time high etc..

Thinking about this is really getting me nervous!! ..very nervous
The market is definately volatile right now and housing is down, but who didn't see that coming? I only receieved two calls from clients yesterday, I think most experienced investors realize the market has corrections. The key and the hard part is to try to remain unemotional about it.

My feeling is that we are close to making some good buys on some solid companies. I think there are quite a few companies "on sale" right now. I don't care how old you are, you have to look 3-5 years out.
sdcabrio is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 03:03 PM
  #4  
DaveM993
Super User
 
DaveM993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ..."RECALCULATING"
Posts: 3,496
Default

Boy, I have been watching that one for well over a year now!!! I can't believe it also. At first, it seemed to revolve around the fact it would not be competitive in its class in PCA racing...but as a DE car, that is about as much as you can get for the money!

go figure.
DaveM993 is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
  #5  
Juha G
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Juha G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,515
Default

Originally Posted by DaveM993 View Post
Boy, I have been watching that one for well over a year now!!! I can't believe it also. At first, it seemed to revolve around the fact it would not be competitive in its class in PCA racing...but as a DE car, that is about as much as you can get for the money!

go figure.
I was in contact with the seller of this car a few weeks ago and we were really close to getting an agreement on a trade with him. Then he suddenly dissappeared. Never replied to to e-mails or phone calls or anything.
He seemed like a stand up guy and it was always a pleasure talking with him. I have no idea what happened...

There sure is a lot of bang for the buck in that car!
Juha G is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 06:02 PM
  #6  
cabrio993
Super User
 
cabrio993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Posts: 4,681
Default

Seems like they pulled the car from the classifieds or the link is bad...

No Matches Found
We're sorry, but it appears that there were no records in the database that matched your search criteria. Please go back and try again. You can also subscribe to our Auto-Notify service so that new ads matching your search criteria will be automatically e-mailed to you.
cabrio993 is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 07:01 PM
  #7  
ninjabones
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
ninjabones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 1,781
Default

The ad must have been pulled today after I posted this thread. Maybe it did sell afterall. Hopefully, we'll see a post from the new owner (lucky bastard)
ninjabones is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
  #8  
97_993C2
User
 
97_993C2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,008
Default

Since the ad has been pulled, I can't verify, but is this the car that Chris Walrod went down to look at? I think he said there were a couple of issues that had to be resolved before he would buy it.
97_993C2 is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 08:15 PM
  #9  
mcpiaseczny
User
 
mcpiaseczny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 409
Default

Originally Posted by 97_993C2 View Post
Since the ad has been pulled, I can't verify, but is this the car that Chris Walrod went down to look at? I think he said there were a couple of issues that had to be resolved before he would buy it.
No, that was a different car.
mcpiaseczny is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM
  #10  
007DT
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
007DT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 2,923
Default

Originally Posted by ninjabones View Post
The ad must have been pulled today after I posted this thread. Maybe it did sell afterall. Hopefully, we'll see a post from the new owner (lucky bastard)
+1 I wish I didn't have my car so I could get that one!!
007DT is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: