993 Forum 1995-1998

I can't believe this car is still available

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default I can't believe this car is still available

This car is still listed in the classified section (clicky). There was some buzz about it a few weeks ago. I can't believe nobody has jumped on it. At $45,000 this seams like the deal of the century for a great DE/street car. I've got close to $45,000 in my car at this point, and it will never perform like this one. If I had to do it over again, I'd likely scoop this one up and drive the hell out of her for a long time.

Anyone want to go in on an investment? $15K each and we split up all the parts three ways (I get the TT engine, evo uprights, monoballs & links, GT3 seats, cage, steering wheel, forgeline wheels, MPSC tires, AWE exhaust, K16/24 hybrid turbos, big red brakes, regeared tranny, LSD, GT2 tail, RS mounts, RSR Sways, RS short shift kit)... the other two guys can have the rest.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:39 PM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

I think it must have somthing to do with our economy. Look at the housing as well as stock market. They both taking a big hit, and I dont think there is any light at the end of the tunnel yet. I personally think this is just the beginning and it might last well over 1-2 yrs.

Again, this is just my 2 cents, Housing is bad, Stock is melting down, Dollar is weak. In the mean time, oil price hoover around all time high etc..

Thinking about this is really getting me nervous!! ..very nervous
Old 01-23-2008, 02:53 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xcusemi
I think it must have somthing to do with our economy. Look at the housing as well as stock market. They both taking a big hit, and I dont think there is any light at the end of the tunnel yet. I personally think this is just the beginning and it might last well over 1-2 yrs.

Again, this is just my 2 cents, Housing is bad, Stock is melting down, Dollar is weak. In the mean time, oil price hoover around all time high etc..

Thinking about this is really getting me nervous!! ..very nervous
The market is definately volatile right now and housing is down, but who didn't see that coming? I only receieved two calls from clients yesterday, I think most experienced investors realize the market has corrections. The key and the hard part is to try to remain unemotional about it.

My feeling is that we are close to making some good buys on some solid companies. I think there are quite a few companies "on sale" right now. I don't care how old you are, you have to look 3-5 years out.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:03 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, I have been watching that one for well over a year now!!! I can't believe it also. At first, it seemed to revolve around the fact it would not be competitive in its class in PCA racing...but as a DE car, that is about as much as you can get for the money!

go figure.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveM993
Boy, I have been watching that one for well over a year now!!! I can't believe it also. At first, it seemed to revolve around the fact it would not be competitive in its class in PCA racing...but as a DE car, that is about as much as you can get for the money!

go figure.
I was in contact with the seller of this car a few weeks ago and we were really close to getting an agreement on a trade with him. Then he suddenly dissappeared. Never replied to to e-mails or phone calls or anything.
He seemed like a stand up guy and it was always a pleasure talking with him. I have no idea what happened...

There sure is a lot of bang for the buck in that car!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:02 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems like they pulled the car from the classifieds or the link is bad...

No Matches Found
We're sorry, but it appears that there were no records in the database that matched your search criteria. Please go back and try again. You can also subscribe to our Auto-Notify service so that new ads matching your search criteria will be automatically e-mailed to you.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:01 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

The ad must have been pulled today after I posted this thread. Maybe it did sell afterall. Hopefully, we'll see a post from the new owner (lucky bastard)
Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Since the ad has been pulled, I can't verify, but is this the car that Chris Walrod went down to look at? I think he said there were a couple of issues that had to be resolved before he would buy it.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:15 PM
mcpiaseczny
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97_993C2
Since the ad has been pulled, I can't verify, but is this the car that Chris Walrod went down to look at? I think he said there were a couple of issues that had to be resolved before he would buy it.
No, that was a different car.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
The ad must have been pulled today after I posted this thread. Maybe it did sell afterall. Hopefully, we'll see a post from the new owner (lucky bastard)
+1 I wish I didn't have my car so I could get that one!!

Quick Reply: I can't believe this car is still available