PPI In LA

Old 01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI In LA

Guys,

I have done a search and Callas is at the top of the list. The shop is a good 60 miles from the owner so I was hoping to find a closer shop for him. I also was quoted by Callas 6-8 hours and $700+ for the PPI which I think is excessive.

I'm not familiar with the LA Area at all, so was hoping that the locals could help out a Rennlister with finding a good Independent to do the PPI . The car is located in Castaic, CA 91384.

Thanks a lot.

-Skip
Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 PM
goofballdeluxe
Addict
Rennlist Member

TRE in North Hollywood has a great reputation, but I've never used them. However, I've had great luck with an independent wrench just south of Beverly Hills called "200 N. Motorworks" on Robertson Blvd. They only work on Porsches and did my 45K service and installed a new steering rack for me. They were knowledgeable and priced fairly. (310)558-3394 Ask for Mark.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Whatchoogotcookin, Willis?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:12 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mark - It took you a whole 7 minutes to respond, boy have you slowed down. I'm not going to talk about it because i've already had a number of cars fall through and I don't want to jinx it.

Goofball - thanks!

Guys - others you would recommend?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Martin S.
Rennlister Extraordinaire
Rennlist Member

Smile Callas

Perhaps you could work a deal with Callas to terminate the PPI if he found any knock out flaws. Tony Callas knows 993 cars like few others. If thre is a problem or potential problem, he will find it.

TRE is good...now in a new location in Van Nuys.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by swftiii View Post
Mark - It took you a whole 7 minutes to respond, boy have you slowed down. I'm not going to talk about it because i've already had a number of cars fall through and I don't want to jinx it.
No way. I'm getting faster. I usually take nine minutes to respond to $1,000 LWF and RS clutch packages.

Good luck, Skip. I hope you get a good one.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:26 AM
bmartini
User

Porsche repair, great for pre 996's. 1842 S. Robertson Blvd. 90035. Tiny shop, two cousins run it and work on the cars themselves. They have been there for years, just south of Beverly Hills and they aren't expensive. Do not get confused with his Persian neighbor who also does Porsche and other exotics. Ask for John or his cousin, Asian fellows. Good luck.

edit: no phone number, forgot the name of the shop

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: