Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Big Ovals for "S" cars..remember I gave my OEM tips to Corvette Dude as mules (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/405139-big-ovals-for-s-cars-remember-i-gave-my-oem-tips-to-corvette-dude-as-mules.html)

Mark Harris 01-22-2008 01:21 PM

Big Ovals for "S" cars..remember I gave my OEM tips to Corvette Dude as mules

Well Josh Greenawalt aka Corvette Dude confirmed to me in an E-mail that he received my OE tips back on 10/5/07.

I left Josh Greenawalt alone and checked back once on Dec. 5th for an update. His response:

Hello Mark,

My buddy is having some problems, I will let you know when we have an update.

Thanks
Josh

On Jan. 17th I sent him an E-mail simply stating I wanted my original tips back---basically implying game over, I'm out....next. (He offered me a free set of SS tips for loaning him my originals)

Since then the E-mails back and forth have been confusing to say the least. The latest one today from Josh asked, "Didn't I send you some free SS tips?"

I watch Rennlist pretty close and asssume that none of you other "S" people ever heard anything more regarding this until now. If so please let me know.

At this point I am going to continue to pushing Josh to send me my originals back and move on. Actions speak louder than words. Three months have gone by with no progress. I'm done.

If and when I get mine back I may work with a shop here in KC to produce some.

Surj-993C2S 01-22-2008 05:06 PM

Mark - sorry to hear of your hassle - and thanks for volunteering your tips as mules; I was looking forward to these...

I haven't seen anything on RL about WB tips from Cvtdude either - best of luck.

Keep us posted on the progress of your shop-made set...

flatsixforme 01-22-2008 05:16 PM

Mark,

In the never-ending pursuit to help my fellow R-listers, if you find a reputable guy in town that thinks he can replicate them I'd be willing to give you one of my big oval's for him to use as a template. You could try the shop that did my LPMM...they were VERY reasonable on price and the owner was a car guy and requested I bring my car by so he can listen to them and go for a ride. He did my SS welding and cutting of heat shields for $60!!!

Let me know....

Mark Harris 01-22-2008 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by flatsixforme (Post 5014619)
Mark,

In the never-ending pursuit to help my fellow R-listers, if you find a reputable guy in town that thinks he can replicate them I'd be willing to give you one of my big oval's for him to use as a template. You could try the shop that did my LPMM...they were VERY reasonable on price and the owner was a car guy and requested I bring my car by so he can listen to them and go for a ride. He did my SS welding and cutting of heat shields for $60!!!

Let me know....

Thanks Adam....I appreciate your help. I have a place in mind also. Maybe will just take yours around to these places and see what happens.

verboten 01-22-2008 11:11 PM

Can some one post a pic of the offset? Would a cad drawing or specs be useful?

Mark Harris 01-22-2008 11:28 PM

Offset picture

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by verboten (Post 5016296)
Can some one post a pic of the offset? Would a cad drawing or specs be useful?

"S" car tip with offset is the one on the right. I stole this pic from another 'lister. The one of the left is either a NB or Turbo.

Verboten-if you have the ability to do a CAD drawing and can pull one of yours off to get it done, great...it can't hurt. You, me, we; could use that drawing to help source someone willing to make these. I realize you can cut and flip the pipe on the muffler, but I think there is a small market for these as bolt on's if we could get some one to fab them.