Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   One Year Anniversary (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/405014-one-year-anniversary.html)

rconnon 01-21-2008 09:20 PM

One Year Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of me taking possession of my 993. Over the last year I've learned a lot from this site and the great people that frequent it, rennlist adds so much added value to owning such a timeless car.

As some of you might remember within 4 weeks of owner ship my car was hit in an underground parkade, the person responsible was very mature and honest and left their contact information.. i learned very early to not stress about rock chips, door dents etc as it can all be fixed..

In the last 12 months I've put on 8000+ miles, in the sun, snow and rain and have to say I've never owned a car thats brought me soo much enjoyment..

Some of the fixes / mods that have been done over the last year include

-Steering Rack Brace for 18" wheels
-Front end respray
-New Windshield
-New Wipers
-New OEM rotors / Pads (squealing from zimm/pagad combo killed me)
-New front shock mount flange
-Replaced drive belt for second distributor
-Oil Cooler Fan Override switch
-New Rear Tires
-Kinematic Clutch Level Update
-New plugs
-New Belts
-New Air Filter
-Gear Fluid Change
-Oil Change

I haven't decided what to do next, but ideas are RS Tail / Splitters and working on getting the calipers painted red to match the seat belts.

Thanks to all, this is truly an amazing community.

Rob

murfysflaw 01-21-2008 09:43 PM

Great pictures!

Marco69 01-21-2008 09:51 PM

+ 1 on the community aspect of this forum.

Congratulations and really nice looking car you got there - in a dart vader sort of style! I quite like it!

kdurg 01-21-2008 09:54 PM

What an amazing pic with that moutain peak in the background Rob........gotta get that one blown up and framed !! Was that planned or just by coincidence ?

Those OEM ovals ?? They look mighty large ......great car, great pics.

Cactus 01-21-2008 10:31 PM

Good stuff!

cabrio993 01-21-2008 10:38 PM

That first picture is amazing!!

rcwelch 01-21-2008 11:06 PM

Hi Rob...It doesn't seem like a year. WOW time flies when you are having fun!!! You have been busy with your car and it really shows...looks fantastic!!! Hope to see you down here this spring or up at Mike's if the spring BBQ is on.:cheers:

Wilder 01-21-2008 11:09 PM

True, true, time does fly. RS wing, splitters and red calipers would look fantastic on your car.

Cincy_Ron 01-21-2008 11:13 PM

Well written, and awesome pic of you cruising in your car. I'm sure you put a lot of foks thoughts about this place into words.

H.H.Chinn 01-22-2008 01:14 AM

Congratulations! Nice Photo!
That appears to be I-90 Westbound on the floating bridge deck over Lake Washington with Mount Rainier in the background heading into Seattle sometime in the afternoon.

the_buch 01-22-2008 01:17 AM

Startling first photo ... as a fellow Vancouverite, where is that? ... my white car would make a nice contrast in that same setting :-)

briefescape 01-22-2008 01:29 AM

It`s only been one year ? I`ve got to know Rob and his " black beauty "over
the course of this year . Lot`s time spend in Mike J`s shop that most of the maintenance and fixing was done and I have to say Rob is a great person to have met because of Rennlist .

Hopping 2008 is a good year to you and you join some of the great PCA tour run this summer Rob .

Cheers Guy

jo-hans 01-22-2008 01:44 AM

Congrats Rob!
Awesome photography.

Porsche owners are such a great bunch of people and your one of them.

As Guy says - hope to see you join the PCA tours this year. Charlie (PCA-CWR tour organizer) is fine tuning this years schedule, should be posted soon.

Cheers,

early_grayce 01-22-2008 01:51 AM

Gorgeous pics!

I'm celebrating 5 months. And counting....
You are absolutely right, this is a great community

Mike J 01-22-2008 07:29 PM

Contrats Rob, its great that you are enjoying the car so much (I like working on it too...its in great shape!)

Hopefully we will see you at the tours this year...

Cheers,

Mike