Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Taking Delivery of my TT on Tues Can't Wait!! (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/404994-taking-delivery-of-my-tt-on-tues-cant-wait.html)

mpgandco 01-21-2008 08:05 PM

Taking Delivery of my TT on Tues Can't Wait!!

Well some of you seem to be more anxious than me about taking delivery of my 97 Twin Turbo than me. I am doing the deal tomorrow.I will post pictures as soon as I get it,if it is not raining
Some of you ask about it Arena Red?/ Grey Supple leather
18,000 Miles
15,000 service Done
Bone Stock, except for Fab Speed Exhaust
12 Way seats
Full Wood Package 10 K Option
Cd Changer
New Clutch Slave Cylinder and Accumulator

lucycan 01-21-2008 08:38 PM

Awesome! Enjoy! Post pics.

I am soooo jealous!

mrsullivan 01-21-2008 08:49 PM

curious - where did you find this car? i.e. PCA mart, Rennlist, Autotrader, high line dealer, etc.? thanks

mpgandco 01-21-2008 09:17 PM

I really wasn"t looking,but where I live is a pretty small community.I would drive into Carmel to have dinner and I would see this Turbo sitting in front of the guys house.
I ran into a freind and he asked me if I would be interested in buying an Arena Red TT.I asked him if it was the one in Carmel?He said it was.
That evening I was Dining in Carmel and drove by.There it was sitting in the garage.The owner was in the garage also.I stopped and asked if it was For Sale.The rest is history and we have become good freinds, since.
Thats what makes this deal sweet.No shipping and I got to see it. He also let me bring it home a few times to check it out and play with.Great guy

murfysflaw 01-21-2008 09:44 PM

A sleepless night for you I bet! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics when you get her.

Cactus 01-21-2008 10:33 PM

Pretty cool the guy let you take it home with you.

chris walrod 01-21-2008 10:39 PM

Cool deal!! Cant wait to see pictures!!

zoaatc11 01-21-2008 11:45 PM

I'm sure it will look good down at Santana Row when the weather gets better.......

Mark Harris 01-22-2008 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by mpgandco (Post 5011341)
I really wasn"t looking,but where I live is a pretty small community.I would drive into Carmel to have dinner and I would see this Turbo sitting in front of the guys house.
I ran into a freind and he asked me if I would be interested in buying an Arena Red TT.I asked him if it was the one in Carmel?He said it was.
That evening I was Dining in Carmel and drove by.There it was sitting in the garage.The owner was in the garage also.I stopped and asked if it was For Sale.The rest is history and we have become good freinds, since.
Thats what makes this deal sweet.No shipping and I got to see it. He also let me bring it home a few times to check it out and play with.Great guy

Congrats! Great story to go along with a wonderful car. I for one am a big fan of the full wood interior and still kicking myself for missing out on one in the Pacific NW a couple of years ago. Pics of interior please.

See what I meant in my post on the Fleabay thread about nice cars changing hands privately. It's the best way to buy a car, house, boat, etc. Happens more than we think....it's just that private deals are, well private.

mpgandco 01-22-2008 01:22 AM

Well I might as well tell you the rest of the story.A couple of weeks ago I brought the Turbo Home tp play with.When I brought it back that evening,the seller remembered that I had owned an NSX.He asked me about it then said lets go look on the internet to see what there selling for.We jumped on EBay and I found a 2005[Last Year} with 1200 miles.{Time capsule}We called the Acura dealer in Kansas and he bought it 10 minutes later.Was shipped out from Overland Park Kansas
Beautiful car,he put some BBS RS/Gt Diamond Black wheels on it as he liked the ones I had on my C2S.They look stellar.He is going to drive it for awhile and that will probably be my next car

Mark---- I really like the Full Wood package as well.I know some PCar owners who don't care for it.Each to his own,I guess

banzai993 01-22-2008 07:49 AM

Where are the pics man?

Mark Harris 01-22-2008 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by mpgandco (Post 5012230)
We called the Acura dealer in Kansas and he bought it 10 minutes later.Was shipped out from Overland Park Kansas
Beautiful car,he put some BBS RS/Gt Diamond Black wheels on it as he liked the ones I had on my C2S.They look stellar.He is going to drive it for awhile and that will probably be my next car

Mark---- I really like the Full Wood package as well.I know some PCar owners who don't care for it.Each to his own,I guess

Wow. Small world. Must have been Superior Acura. I'm surprised it wasn't Jay Wolfe Acura, because they always have more NSX's around and the Wolfe family runs huge multiple operations in here in KC.

+1 on the BBS RS/GT Diamond Black's....that's what I'm running on my 4S!

Yep, I've read the full wood controversy as well and I like it. To each their own is exactly right and why I find the whole garage queen/drive it debate nothing more than enjoyable reading. Who cares what one does with their possessions.

banzai993 01-23-2008 08:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I had full the full wood package on my 2001 996 TT .. root wood and cashmere leather inside a basalt black car..

it was gorgeous.. but like the rest of the car.. IMHO.. it attributed to the more "Lexus look" and feel of that ride and it made me covet my 993TT.

Dont get me wrong.. I waited nearly 3 years for that car to come in from the factory.. it had been built to my specs and was damn beautiful (see pics below) but I had to roll down the windows and open the sun roof and run the car at 4K plus revs to hear it..

with my "new" '96 C4S.. BASIC interior but glorious motor sound package.. all I have to do is shift into 2nd and step on the pedal and AMEN brother..

Oops back to the wood or no wood....

Wood package is beautiful but it takes the edge off of the raw sports car look..

I should have kept the 993 TT.. but that is ANOTHER story...

mpgandco 01-23-2008 09:11 AM

Well I bought the Turbo yesterday and its in my name.I will get some pictures today if it Quits raining.With the paperwork I was able to call the previous owner and chat about the car.He owns I think he said 5 other Turbos and one Turbo S.He sold this car because with 9000 miles at the time,it was too perfect and he couldn"t enjoy it.
I feel very luckey to have it find me.I don't want to keep harping on selling my S,but I should have listened to at least one Rennlister who said keep both.I am really going to miss that car.I hope Jeff the new proud owner will sell it back to me someday.I know get over it,its just a car

I have to say the there is alot more Wood in the 993 than the 996 you posted.I also think it looks better in the 993

Mark--Yes it was Superior Acura in Overland.We registered it as well as the Turbo yesterday and it still has the Superior License plate frame on it.I have a freind who lives in Overland

CarreraX 01-23-2008 09:54 AM

I have wood every time i get in my 993! Sorry, Just had to say that. :)