Sponsored by:

ISO old sunroof cable parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ISO old sunroof cable parts

My sunroof was acting up, so its now in pieces on the garage floor. Not so hard to take apart...we'll see about reassembly.... The good news is that the cables seem to work fine.

The culprit is a missing bolt that holds the cable assembly to the flat metal bracket that attaches to the sunroof (all part of the replacement cable). Rather than do the whole cable replacement, I'm hoping someone has one of these bolts lying around from when they did the cable replacement. See the red circle and arrow in the pic. I could also use one of the sliders that is also circled, if one is lying around...I think I can order that one and its easy to replace, though.

Thanks!
Keith
Old 01-23-2008, 01:08 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After reassembly with a regular bolt that "kinda" fit, the @#$% thing would no longer open all the way...(did I mention the sunroof was actually FULLY functional, even with only one cable pulling, BEFORE I touched it...ggrrrr). Lots of fiddling with it got me nowhere...

Long story short.... I wimped out.

I had the car in for some minor things today and in a fit of "I don't have time to deal with this" thinking (brand new brake pads & rotors are lying in my living room from prior to Xmas for example...), I wimped out and had the shop take care of it.

I'm a little ashamed, no make that COMPLETELY ashamed at my wimping out on this one....

I hope the brake job goes a bit better than that....

On a very POSITIVE note, the RL community came through with an offer of the aforementioned bolt. From Australia, no less!!! My thanks to you, Frank, for the offer!

Quick Reply: ISO old sunroof cable parts