993 Forum 1995-1998

How bad is Nephrite grün?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 PM
bobesser
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Polar silver with blue interior.

My wife said the green interior looked like there was something off with the camera. I agree it isn't my bag but if you threw me the keys I would be gratefull.

If you are having problems or concerns about it now, how will you feel after a year surrounded by that color?

My favorite color is blue. At first I wanted a blue car with a tan interior. Then I thought about it. When I drive the car, I see the inside, not the outside.

Bob
Old 01-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

I wouldn't even consider the car due to the green interior, but does it really matter what I don't like?

If you are having mixed feelings about the green, I'd say forget it and never look back. It would "get to me", that color. I like silver with a blk interior. That's it. I'd never own any other color now that I have what I really want. The silver stays clean the longest and the black interior just can't get dirty. Spill grape juice on it, mess it up with pen marks, even magic marker from a Sharpie - no problem. The black interior swallows up all stains and marks like no light interior could handle.

Cheers,
Steve R
Old 01-19-2008, 12:20 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm strictly a condition v. price buyer. Rather enjoy my C4S now. Conversation piece among all the black interior cars when we're all lined up together.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:34 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 226 Posts

I don't like it at all, but then again the only interior I like is black. In the end, obviously, it's your choice!

Old 01-19-2008, 01:19 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Having actually seen that color I can say that I like it. The black accents of
the 993 interior add contrast. The wrong interior/exterior combo would kill
my enthusiasm. Looks OK with black, though.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:05 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

Viggo, I acually think it looks pretty good, particularly with the dark exterior. It's diffeent. But as others have stated, if you're not sure now, how will you feel in time? That said, adding a bit more black might do the trick!
I'm still partial o midntblue exterior but with a black interior rather than the blue of my car. I do think that a slate gray metallic/red(bright red) leather interior looks incredible!
Cheers, Tim.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:30 AM
V
Drifting

Thanks for the input guys.. I wouldn't mind a special colour combo, this included. My girlfriend says she would never sit in a car like that, which means it's a no go . BTW that 993TT in the first post is local to me and after having replaced and sold all the extras (Turbo S wing, BBS race wheels, GT3 seats, techart active brake ducts, heigo rollbar etc) with the supplied OEM parts, these two cars would cost me about the same $$$$. But anyways, they are both out of the question now..
Old 01-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Kolbjorn S
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Thanks for the input guys.. I wouldn't mind a special colour combo, this included. My girlfriend says she would never sit in a car like that, which means it's a no go
My wife's car has Nephrite Green interior - it looks spectacular and she loves it. I bet your gf would like it
Old 01-19-2008, 12:16 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

I could never buy a car with a Nephrite Green interior.

Black is beautiful. I have never seen a black interior that I didn't love.

One thing to consider about red and green interiors is that it limits the number of potential buyers if you ever plan to sell it.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:16 AM
V
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kolbjorn S
My wife's car has Nephrite Green interior - it looks spectacular and she loves it. I bet your gf would like it
Thanks for the encouraging words Kolbjorn, I'll have to work on that part

Originally Posted by ientre9y11
I could never buy a car with a Nephrite Green interior.

Black is beautiful. I have never seen a black interior that I didn't love.

One thing to consider about red and green interiors is that it limits the number of potential buyers if you ever plan to sell it.
True, black is always very nice hands down. And yes, these interiors definately will limit the number of potential buyers. It's also probably why it hasn't already sold.. Many valid points brought up here. I am keeping my eyes open.. We'll see what happends . But I do think it's nice to have something "different"..
Old 01-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

I like it in the first car with the seats and all the carbon but too plain in the second.

Quick Reply: How bad is Nephrite grün?