Neurotic Seller Story - UPDATED

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:14 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Mark-
Again people are misreading posts-
first I didnt not say you accused me of calling RListers a----- . That was in Jason first post- He said my emails said this- NOT TRUE
second- there was only one email to J not emails as Jason is implying totally 4 sentences.

Lets set the record straight- if you got an email from J friend when you think you have a deal ? re this car it looks fishy- plain and simple-

A PPI was never denied just that I wanted the buyer there-MY OPINION- itf it doesnt work good bye sale- plain and simple
Old 01-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 526 Posts

PPI about $200
Cross country plane trip $400 + time lost
Seller won't have PPI at their shop paid by buyer: priceless
Old 01-17-2008, 11:19 AM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen the EMails.Jason is not a liar.I received one as well.Because Jason passed on another Turbo that was misrepresented and was there for the PPI,this seller assumed he was wasting peoples time.
Enough Said
Old 01-17-2008, 11:19 AM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 227 Posts

Emails AND Phone calls, Richard. That is harassment.

Yes, thats fine that you wanted me there for the PPI, even though its not my standard practice. I offered to try and make that happen. You then said you didnt have the time. Thats fine. Its your car to sell/keep.

And the email from a friend was to fish out if you had another local buyer and that was the reason you were giving me the run around. Plain and simple. Unfortunately it showed your true colors.

Just dont call me a tire kicker and time waster!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 227 Posts

Richard, as a gesture of the genuine person that I am here is what I can offer you. If you REALLY want to sell this car, I have a local interested party for you. I have sent him all the information on your car. He is in Miami and in interested in your car. I told him its top notch, so far, and next step is a PPI.

He will be contacting you if he is still interested.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Granted I've only purchased 3 P-cars but I've had PPI's done on all of them. I wasn't there for any of the PPI's because if the PPI showed any major flaw I would have been out not only the cost of the PPI but also the airline ticket and the time it took to travel there.

There have been many people on this board that have had PPI's come back with bad results and passed on the cars, if they had also had to arrange last minute flights to return home that would have been additional expense on top of paying for a PPI.

I think it's totally unrealistic to expect a prospective buyer to be physically there before you allow a PPI to be done. However, I would expect the buyer to pay for the PPI up front, directly to the shop performing the work. JMHO
Completely agree. I wouldn't waste my time or money on seeing the car until the PPI was complete. And I would pay the PPI shop directly. This is what I have done on my last 3 911 purchases.

My order of transaction:

1. Talk to seller.
2. RL inspection if someone is willing
3. Negotiate price pending PPI
4. PPI
5. Travel and exchange funds if good PPI
6. Drive home.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
rmauro
Racer

JASON-
Please stop fabricating lies re EMAILS/PHONE CALLS- I reviewed every email I sent you which were in response to your many many questions re car- they were all professional and short to the point-I have been nothing but upfront with you even offering to fax every service receipt from 8/97.You didnt want.
The only email in ? is the 4 sentence one which I told you to take a hike.

Every Phone call has been in response to your many voicemails which my wife found annoying they were soooooooo loooooooong.I reviewed my calls- ony 2 returning your many calls.

You are not being harrassed just making your case without the whole truth- ie RListers are a-------/
I never said that so why did you say I did in an email.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Interesting that it seems that you stopped using all caps in direct response to Jason's post. Your last post prior to this thread was in all caps. I'm just sayin' . . .

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.p...=2346955&pp=25
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are'nt there more threads like this
Old 01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

A deal is when a buyer and seller comes to terms and a transaction takes place. There is not deal here.
If I were the buyer or seller I would just move on. These cars are not Ferrari GTOs. From a seller's stand point a PPI is a conditional deal. Many buyers will not required one. From a buyer's standpoint it makes sense. As a seller (I have sold many cars) I would not tie a car up for a couple of weeks on a refundable deposit. Jason has been looking for a car for a long time. These cars are not rare.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Oh boy, I need to go get some more wine now. I am a friend of a friend of the Omaha seller. Curious as to what that side of the story was all about.

BTW, is this the kinder gentler Rlist nowadays? Surprised that nobody has given Jason crap for not being a paid member but yet is here airing his greivances.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:02 PM
rmauro
Racer

Thank you- my sentiments exactly- he has done 3 PPs since November and bought none-yet he knows where very car is for sale and what is a good value-GO FIGURE
Old 01-17-2008, 12:05 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carcommander
If I were the buyer or seller I would just move on. .... From a seller's stand point a PPI is a conditional deal
+1. Move on. Expend energy positively on finding another car.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

babies......
Old 01-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

I haven't read the whole thread, but if this hasn't been suggested already: Tell John D. or one of the other admins.

Quick Reply: Neurotic Seller Story - UPDATED