993 Forum 1995-1998

Anxiously waiting for my 993

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anxiously waiting for my 993

Hey all, brand new RL member here. This is only my second post but I've been reading a lot and could tell that this is the place to be for Porsche enthusiasts.

Anyway, I just bought my first Porsche (1996 993 C4 Cab) ever but it's still on a truck somewhere on the way here to sunny Arizona. I have to sheepishly admit that I didn't do as much research as I should've before buying it on Fleabay but I did have a PPI done by Vertex Auto in Florida and also ran an Autocheck on it....both of which came up positive. As many people can attest, the prices on these things are just all over the place. I'm kinda nervous because I didn't see the car in person before I bought it so I'm biting my nails waiting for it to arrive.

I'm sure many people here troll Fleabay Motors for used 993's and have probably seen the car that i bought posted there. I'm posting the expired ad here and would really appreciate it if you gurus would give me your honest opinion if i got a good deal or not. I realize that it would be hard for you to tell without actually seeing the car in person but just give me your first impression.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180190497577

Thanks and God bless.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Gino993
Instructor

By the way, forgot to mention the price. I bought her for $27,800. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Looks good except for the spoiler, I don't care for them at all, but others do. Did you have any Rennlisters look at it prior to buying?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Looks nice. Rear bootlid looks as though fit may be off.
I have regular seats but those look a little worn for 54k in my opinion.
But 27k is a nice price.

Good luck, and hope its as nice as it looks in the photos.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Unfortunately not. I pretty much didn't know about RL until it was too late. I know a lot of people don't like those spoilers and i'm still on the fence but the price was good compared to what's currently out there. The wheels were also scratched up so the seller and I split the cost to refinish and repaint the wheels. I took that opportunity to change the color on those 18" turbo twist wheels to charcoal. I haven't even seen what the car looks like with the newly painted wheels but I can imagine it'll look good with charcoal.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by ppashley
Looks nice. Rear bootlid looks as though fit may be off.
I have regular seats but those look a little worn for 54k in my opinion.
But 27k is a nice price.

Good luck, and hope its as nice as it looks in the photos.

I noticed that too but I assumed that it's just an easy adjustment to straighten it.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
roebedo
Instructor

Originally Posted by jnx
Looks good except for the spoiler, I don't care for them at all, but others do. Did you have any Rennlisters look at it prior to buying?
+1

I think the car would look much better with either a lower profile spoiler, or none at all. It looks like the the lower bumper chin is cracked. The e-bay ad states that the interior color is blue, but it looks like black to me, and you might be purchasing a new remote (the one in the pics looks like its taped together).

Other than this it looks really nice, and for <$29K it looks like a great car for you to enjoy... + the weather here in AZ will allow you to go for a drive with the top down when it arrives

Congrats on your new P-Car!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by roebedo
+1

I think the car would look much better with either a lower profile spoiler, or none at all. It looks like the the lower bumper chin is cracked. The e-bay ad states that the interior color is blue, but it looks like black to me, and you might be purchasing a new remote (the one in the pics looks like its taped together).

Other than this it looks really nice, and for <$29K it looks like a great car for you to enjoy... + the weather here in AZ will allow you to go for a drive with the top down when it arrives

Congrats on your new P-Car!

Thanks Mike. Yeah, I saw that front spoiler chin and actually already have the RS front splitters waiting in my garage to be installed I'm not sure what you mean by "new remote". Also, the stereo is not working so I'll have to buy a new one. Hey, let's go set up an AZ 993 run somewhere!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
samsnead
Pro

The key fob remote is held together with tape, it may need to be replaced.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by samsnead
The key fob remote is held together with tape, it may need to be replaced.
Duhh! Thanks, brain's not working again.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:27 PM
roebedo
Instructor

Originally Posted by jferma
Thanks Mike. Yeah, I saw that front spoiler chin and actually already have the RS front splitters waiting in my garage to be installed I'm not sure what you mean by "new remote". Also, the stereo is not working so I'll have to buy a new one. Hey, let's go set up an AZ 993 run somewhere!
oops.. my bad the correct term for the remote is the immobilizer, it's what you need to lock and unlock the drive block system. Great move on the splitters. The fun runs here in AZ used to be put together by Patrick, but he has since moved to Texas. The usual route is the B-Line towards Payson but I think the Scottsdale Motor Club has attracted a-lot of heat on those roads. A few weeks ago the police where tracking down a younger guy running his Lamborghini at 190 MPH+ on some of our back roads and posting vids on youtube Dont know if they ever found him or not..

But yes we can defiantly meet up, and again congrats on the car! You will love it.

Mike
Old 01-08-2008, 04:30 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a tough question to ask this group. Kind of like when asked "Does this dress make me look fat?"

Anyway, it's a good looking car from the pics but there are a couple of things that might raise flags or might be nothing: right front corner looks tweaked, there seems to be a bit of a bend in the leading edge of the hood(might just be optical), rear deck lid is out of alignment, little extra wear on the seats, and it looks like there are some warning lights on in the shot of the instrument cluster(CEL?).

Regardless, it's just a starting point, as you say you've already got some splitters ready for it and I'm sure other ideas to make it your own. Best of luck and come on back when the car arrives and let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by roebedo
oops.. my bad the correct term for the remote is the immobilizer, it's what you need to lock and unlock the drive block system. Great move on the splitters. The fun runs here in AZ used to be put together by Patrick, but he has since moved to Texas. The usual route is the B-Line towards Payson but I think the Scottsdale Motor Club has attracted a-lot of heat on those roads. A few weeks ago the police where tracking down a younger guy running his Lamborghini at 190 MPH+ on some of our back roads and posting vids on youtube Dont know if they ever found him or not..

But yes we can defiantly meet up, and again congrats on the car! You will love it.

Mike
My bad, i should've figured out what you meant by 'remote'. Sweet! The Beeline Highway (87) is my backyard since I live in Fountain Hills. I can see how you can go well over 100 MPH on that stretch since it's wide open and not a lot of traffic. That route to Payson is actually already on my list of drives to make as soon as I get my baby.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by prshguy
That's a tough question to ask this group. Kind of like when asked "Does this dress make me look fat?"

Anyway, it's a good looking car from the pics but there are a couple of things that might raise flags or might be nothing: right front corner looks tweaked, there seems to be a bit of a bend in the leading edge of the hood(might just be optical), rear deck lid is out of alignment, little extra wear on the seats, and it looks like there are some warning lights on in the shot of the instrument cluster(CEL?).

Regardless, it's just a starting point, as you say you've already got some splitters ready for it and I'm sure other ideas to make it your own. Best of luck and come on back when the car arrives and let us know how it turns out.
LOL!...thanks for the honest input Roger. I'm really hoping that Vertex did a good PPI. They did tell me that the wear on the car is consistent with a ten-year old car but that I'm not getting myself into a bad situation. I'll definitely let you guys know the real deal as soon as it gets delivered.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jferma
LOL!...thanks for the honest input Roger. I'm really hoping that Vertex did a good PPI. They did tell me that the wear on the car is consistent with a ten-year old car but that I'm not getting myself into a bad situation. I'll definitely let you guys know the real deal as soon as it gets delivered.
Congrats! Anxiously awaiting the obligatory pics when you get her.

Quick Reply: Anxiously waiting for my 993