Notices

Anxiously waiting for my 993

Old 01-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Gino993
User

Originally Posted by Kcreager1 View Post
Gino -

Congrats on the new car, it looks very nice. I also have a 96 polar silver cab, which is my second 993. A couple of things....

I also highly recommend the boot cover. It does look stupid, but the headliner will fray around the back window pretty quick. I drove with the top down and no boot for a couple of weeks (maybe 6 times with top down in that period) and could see strands already. I got my boot cover from rich & famous (always on ebay) for about $300.

Also, I highly recommend the 3 spoke steering wheel. I swithed my red 4 spoke for a black 4 spoke like yours, then went to the 3 spoke - hugh difference in appearance and feel. Mine has the silver crest - which is great for our color. use the search option for posts with my user ID and you will see my interior (in the thread about pics of my replacement top, seat covers, etc.)

V1 - I notice that your car has the V1 remote display mouted in the tach. I did this as well, my question is did the car come with the V1 detector main unit??? I looked at the ebay add and saw nothing about it. If you do not have the unit, you need to order one as soon as possible. More than likely you still have the wire tucked under the seal of the windshield. Valentine registers the radar detectors by owner and will not sell parts to someone who is not in thier system. If you need more info - let me know. I did the remote display in my tach (thank you Robin Sun for the DIY on p-car.com you have helped so many....) and the hardwire of the V-1 unit to the car myself.

My only real disappointment with the car is the very poor visibility with the top up, it does not compare to the coupe....however, there are those perfect days.....

KC, thanks for the feedback. I definitely need to get the boot cover much as I hate the look of it. I did check out your car and must say that those are awesome-looking seat covers that you have there. That's a great-looking car my friend. Speaking of which, and I hope I don't get slammed because of this , has anyone tried the synthentic leather seat covers on fleabay? Here's a link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...spagenameZWDVW
Everyone agrees that my seats look pretty worn but I just don't have the $1,200+ to spend right now so this might be a temporary option if the quality is half-decent.
Regarding the integrated V1 remote display, I honestly don't know if the main unit came with the car. My question would be, if it didn't come with the car can I use the V1 unit that I already have with that remote display?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Gino993
User

Originally Posted by mikestash View Post
Sounds like a great price.

Those guages are aftermarket . I agree with another poster about the Check Engine Light (CEL) being on. I hope vertex ppi was positive.
Mike, I'm just hoping that the CEL is lit only because the key is in the 'ON' position.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Ag02M5
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks like a nice deal but the wing is down right hideous IMO. The wing posted by ninjabones looks perfect if you are wing man.

Best motoring.

RT
Old 01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Gino993
User

Originally Posted by Ag02M5 View Post
Looks like a nice deal but the wing is down right hideous IMO. The wing posted by ninjabones looks perfect if you are wing man.

Best motoring.

RT
RT, I'm actually a butt man but that's a whole different story.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:34 PM
96C4S
User

Congrats Gino. Remember even a 993 needing a little TLC is better then no 993 at all so if there are some minor imperfections deal with them and enjoy your new ride. Makes you feel like a kid at christmas again.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Gino993
User

Originally Posted by 96C4S View Post
Congrats Gino. Remember even a 993 needing a little TLC is better then no 993 at all so if there are some minor imperfections deal with them and enjoy your new ride. Makes you feel like a kid at christmas again.
So true brother! I was getting so caught up in the small stuff that I was losing sight of the fact that I'm finally getting my first 993...first Porsche even! Thanks for the reality check.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: