993 Forum 1995-1998

Anxiously waiting for my 993

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CONGRATS
Looks like a sweet deal. As the owner of a Cab, I will strongly suggest that you invest in a boot cover for your top, otherwise it will rip apart. Also, troll ebay for a windscreen. The best $400 I spent. It made the drives so much more civilized.
Good luck and keep the pics coming.
Ron
Old 01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino,
MarkD and I both picked up our 993s this week after flying to the LA area so I can really sympathize with waiting to see what you're getting. Didn't have to wait quite as long as coming cross country on a truck but the excitement and anticipation is still there. Didn't sleep much the night before. Hoping for the best for you.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that seems like a very good deal. Plenty of room to deal with any issues that might pop up.
Like Roger just said, congrats and try and get some sleep.

Interesting ebay ad... and he has "other Porches"? I only have one porch. Lucky guy
Old 01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by 95FL993CAB
CONGRATS
Looks like a sweet deal. As the owner of a Cab, I will strongly suggest that you invest in a boot cover for your top, otherwise it will rip apart. Also, troll ebay for a windscreen. The best $400 I spent. It made the drives so much more civilized.
Good luck and keep the pics coming.
Ron
Ron, thanks for the suggestions. I was actually thinking that I didn't like the look of the boot cover that much so I was just going to leave it as-is, but if it's going to cause problems then I would definitely get one. I'll also look for a windscreen per your recommendation. Thanks again brother!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by prshguy
Gino,
MarkD and I both picked up our 993s this week after flying to the LA area so I can really sympathize with waiting to see what you're getting. Didn't have to wait quite as long as coming cross country on a truck but the excitement and anticipation is still there. Didn't sleep much the night before. Hoping for the best for you.
Roget and Mark, thanks for the warm welcome! I actually read and followed your posts happy in the fact that I wasn't the only one getting no sleep I noticed that you're both Northern Californians as was I up until June of 2006....San Ramon. You guys put together a 993 run starting from Half Moon Bay (I-101) going south down to San Simeon or something. Wish I could do it.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Sweet car... I sold my slate grey C4 cab this summer. What a great car. I do have to agree that the clubsport spoiler just does not work on the cab. I have a solution though If it is polar silver, I might be willing to do a little swaparoo with you...

PM me if interested. The second picture is what the aerokit 1 type of tail looks like on a cab (my old C4 cab)
Attached Images   
Old 01-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Sweet car... I sold my slate grey C4 cab this summer. What a great car. I do have to agree that the clubsport spoiler just does not work on the cab. I have a solution though If it is polar silver, I might be willing to do a little swaparoo with you...

PM me if interested. The second picture is what the aerokit 1 type of tail looks like on a cab (my old C4 cab)
Hey Glen, yes it is polar silver. Let me see what it looks like in person and if I can't stand the look then we'll switch 'em. I have to say that I like the way that aerokit 1 tail looks on your old Cab. Schweet!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I've also got the original deck-lid assembly, if you wanted to go back to a more stock look.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gino993
...Anyway, I just bought my first Porsche (1996 993 C4 Cab) ever but it's still on a truck somewhere on the way here to sunny Arizona.
Thanks and God bless.
Congratulations and best of luck

My wife's 'new' 97 993 Targa is on an Intercity transport from AZ, waiting to get clearance to drive thru Donner Pass, on it's way from AZ to CA to MA......

They are always worth the wait.......here's a pic of Intercity delivering my 92 964 Euro Cup car:

Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by ltc
Congratulations and best of luck

My wife's 'new' 97 993 Targa is on an Intercity transport from AZ, waiting to get clearance to drive thru Donner Pass, on it's way from AZ to CA to MA......

They are always worth the wait.......here's a pic of Intercity delivering my 92 964 Euro Cup car:

Nice LTC...congrats to your wife. A little out of my price range By the way, the pic isn't showing up.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gino993
Nice LTC...congrats to your wife. A little out of my price range By the way, the pic isn't showing up.
Never mind..I can see it now....wow!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 PM
marret
Instructor

Nice car at a nice price. Congrats. I just recently got mine as well.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and welcome. Post a picture of it coming off the transport...those are my favorite. Then a few days later we will ask you how many times you have gone out to your garage and just stared.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:05 AM
Kcreager1
Racer

Gino -

Congrats on the new car, it looks very nice. I also have a 96 polar silver cab, which is my second 993. A couple of things....

I also highly recommend the boot cover. It does look stupid, but the headliner will fray around the back window pretty quick. I drove with the top down and no boot for a couple of weeks (maybe 6 times with top down in that period) and could see strands already. I got my boot cover from rich & famous (always on ebay) for about $300.

Also, I highly recommend the 3 spoke steering wheel. I swithed my red 4 spoke for a black 4 spoke like yours, then went to the 3 spoke - hugh difference in appearance and feel. Mine has the silver crest - which is great for our color. use the search option for posts with my user ID and you will see my interior (in the thread about pics of my replacement top, seat covers, etc.)

V1 - I notice that your car has the V1 remote display mouted in the tach. I did this as well, my question is did the car come with the V1 detector main unit??? I looked at the ebay add and saw nothing about it. If you do not have the unit, you need to order one as soon as possible. More than likely you still have the wire tucked under the seal of the windshield. Valentine registers the radar detectors by owner and will not sell parts to someone who is not in thier system. If you need more info - let me know. I did the remote display in my tach (thank you Robin Sun for the DIY on p-car.com you have helped so many....) and the hardwire of the V-1 unit to the car myself.

My only real disappointment with the car is the very poor visibility with the top up, it does not compare to the coupe....however, there are those perfect days.....
Old 01-09-2008, 08:20 AM
mikestash
Racer

Sounds like a great price.

Those guages are aftermarket . I agree with another poster about the Check Engine Light (CEL) being on. I hope vertex ppi was positive.

Quick Reply: Anxiously waiting for my 993