993 Forum 1995-1998

Question regarding car color in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 PM
ddsiu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding car color in Hong Kong

This newbie here have encountered a situation during my car search process I am sure that I can get some help from some of you experts here.

I have found a 993 that I am considering, but the owner doesnt even know if the color is original. He said that this never came across his mind when he bought the vehicle 2 years ago. I can assume that he is either very ignorant or is hiding some information from me. Is the original color clearly stated on the registration sheet?

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Matt
Old 01-08-2008, 12:26 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt - ask him to read off all the codes on the sticker under the front hood...this lists the original exterior color as well as interior, and all the factory options. now if he says there is no sticker there, well that's a clue that there's been a repaint the sticker may be a bit faded (mine is...afterall its a 13 year old car!) and there is also a sticker in the owners manual if he has it?

what car did you find? good speaking to you last week...good luck with the purchase!

David

p.s. if you come across a 964 or 993 turbo during your search, drop me a line!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:27 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

sorry, just to clarify...once you get the codes you will need to look it up...do a search as these codes have been covered many times
Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 AM
ddsiu
Instructor

Hey guys, thanks for the fast reply! I found a white 993 in good condition, just worried that its not the original color as white ones are kinda hard to find here. I will ask the owner for the code.

Dave, it was nice talking to you last week as well, I will definitely keep an eye out for you during my search. I also called up Barry and told him that you referred me and he was very helpful with my search enquiries. I guess he had earned himself another potential loyal customer! Regards to 964's, there were a bunch down at Tech-Fu motors in NP and they are all manual if I recall correctly, though the prices were a bit on the steep side I have to say. Nevertheless, they all seemed to be in pretty good condition.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:51 AM
p993enthusiast
Racer

Matt - check your PM - sent you the colour codes.

Alan
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

I visited TF before, just to browse around, and the prices of the Porsches were quite above market price. As for reputation, well, after a few conversations with the sales, I have reservations about them.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:01 PM
jfl503
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GT - who have you been talking to? Haha. TF makes my car look like a bargin.

Quick Reply: Question regarding car color in Hong Kong