993 Forum 1995-1998

Sport Seats to trade

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM
JMcK
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Seats to trade

I have a 95 993 with brown sport seats I would like to trade for brown std. seats.
Anyone close to North Carolina that might be interested please let me know.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:17 PM
drnd
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Would you consider shipping to california. I have a pair of std seat in mint condition. Do you mean cashmere (tan)? Do you have pictures?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:28 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

I have a set of cashmere (light tan) in St. Louis so there is still shipping. Oh well.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're talking Cashmere, I will pay the shipping for both sets, and even send mine first to facilitate the swap so you're not without.
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2007, 01:04 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in Richmond and have the 8 way power comfort seats both driver and passenger in Cashmere.

Let me know if you'd like to swap....perhaps a R&R at the same time ?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:20 AM
JMcK
AutoX

Sorry for not getting back sooner; my seats are 'Chestnut Brown', and to keep Dolly Parton from writing a song about my "Porsche of many Colors", hopefully someone out there will have std. seats of the same color they would like to trade.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:34 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMcK
Sorry for not getting back sooner; my seats are 'Chestnut Brown', and to keep Dolly Parton from writing a song about my "Porsche of many Colors", hopefully someone out there will have std. seats of the same color they would like to trade.
I don't think that is a very common color. Do you have a picture?
Old 12-06-2007, 01:50 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by JMcK
Whoa! Cool rare color. Good luck finding a trader!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:06 AM
JMcK
AutoX

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
I don't think that is a very common color. Do you have a picture?
I am working away from home until this weekend, and will take some pics as soon as I get back.

I THINK the color is 'Chestnut Brown', I can't seem to find my interior color code in any of the Porsche literature I have, and it sure looks darker than the pics of the 'Cashmere' interiors posted here.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There was a white 95 cabriolet with full chestnut leather for sale here a while back, it was out in Vegas, as I recall. It's a fairly rare color. It's more of a reddish brown.

Sports seats are wildly coveted by 993 owners; they are quite valuable and usually change hands for 2-3 times what the stock seats go for. I sold the heated cashmere sports seats out of my former cab (complete with bright red piping) for about $2400, as I recall.

It would not be difficult to buy a decent used pair of cashmere or light grey seats and then have them professionally dyed chestnut, they would look absolutely brand new. You can usually find non-heated stock seats for $800 a pair or so, and it should be no more than $250-300 to have them dyed. If you can get $2000 for your sport seats (which are also easily dyed), you would be $900 ahead or so.

One caveat ... this is assuming you have the hardback sports seats with the Porsche logo plaque on the back; the very early 95 cars could have come with the old-style sport seat, which is similar to the stock seats, but with deeper bolsters. They are not so coveted.

Best of luck!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:12 PM
CDILL
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vjd3
There was a white 95 cabriolet with full chestnut leather for sale here a while back, it was out in Vegas, as I recall. It's a fairly rare color. It's more of a reddish brown.

Sports seats are wildly coveted by 993 owners; they are quite valuable and usually change hands for 2-3 times what the stock seats go for. I sold the heated cashmere sports seats out of my former cab (complete with bright red piping) for about $2400, as I recall.

It would not be difficult to buy a decent used pair of cashmere or light grey seats and then have them professionally dyed chestnut, they would look absolutely brand new. You can usually find non-heated stock seats for $800 a pair or so, and it should be no more than $250-300 to have them dyed. If you can get $2000 for your sport seats (which are also easily dyed), you would be $900 ahead or so.

One caveat ... this is assuming you have the hardback sports seats with the Porsche logo plaque on the back; the very early 95 cars could have come with the old-style sport seat, which is similar to the stock seats, but with deeper bolsters. They are not so coveted.

Best of luck!
I Have a set of 996 full power seats in grey with crests that I would be willing to make a great deal on if you are interested in getting a set of seats to dye. If your sport seats are the hard back versions you should have no problem selling them I can't believe no one has come up with a trade yet.

Quick Reply: Sport Seats to trade