993 Forum 1995-1998

BEWARE OF BIASED RL MODERATORS AND ADMIN

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil
um......was your group buy gonna use a RL sponsor?

I read the charter......here is number 9

# You may not post links to Rennlist 'deals' and/or "group buys" offered by non-supporting Commercial Vendors or non-Members targeted at Rennlist subscribers. More times then not, folks are asked to do that for the "free advertising" that the Vendor enjoys - and the site Administrator has no way of contacting either party should something not be fulfilled. Also - This includes links to your e-Bay Auctions! DO NOT POST THEM as "Hey - check these out - I just saw these!".
Originally Posted by cabrio993
Umm...never knew...do you know how many of these are posted here every week? and none get deleted?

I think the only one that I can recall is the one by "Royalty" and his "rare" turbo wing that he was trying to sell. And that one wasn't deleted, he just got his royal *** kicked out.

The Ebay admonition is confusing, especially, as cabrio mentions, in light of the number of times people here have posted their own Ebay listings. Unlike Royalty, almost everyone discloses that it is their sale. The charter categorically states that deals and group buys by non-supporting Commercial Vendors or non-Members are prohibited. The paragraph then goes on to say 'This includes links to your e-Bay Auctions! DO NOT POST THEM as "Hey - check these out - I just saw these!".' Specifically, we cannot try and dupe the board, as Royalty lamely attempted, by not disclosing our affiliation, but I don't see the language explicitly forbdding us to post our Ebay auctions. We simpy cannot advertise our auctions as something we "found" ala King Royal.

Maybe John can clarify this for us since this paragraph addresses commercial vendors and non-members, categories that most of us don't fall under with regard to our own Ebay listings.

You may not post links to Rennlist 'deals' and/or "group buys" offered by non-supporting Commercial Vendors or non-Members targeted at Rennlist subscribers. More times then not, folks are asked to do that for the "free advertising" that the Vendor enjoys - and the site Administrator has no way of contacting either party should something not be fulfilled. Also - This includes links to your e-Bay Auctions! DO NOT POST THEM as "Hey - check these out - I just saw these!".

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 10-31-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found a lot of good deals through links that people have posted here on RL. I have also post a few that I have found so others might benefit and I have participated in group buys. Additionally, I have seen several people post the names, if not the links, of non-sponsors which has also helped me find something I needed. I can absolutely understand why Rennlist would seek to prevent this forum from becoming a free advertising venue for vendors, but I truly believe that part of the value of Rennlist is the recommendations and leads for parts and services posted by other members. If someone is doing it for other than commercial purposes, I don't see the harm. After all, we're big boys and girls that can look out for ourselves.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:55 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
I have found a lot of good deals through links that people have posted here on RL. I have also post a few that I have found so others might benefit and I have participated in group buys. Additionally, I have seen several people post the names, if not the links, of non-sponsors which has also helped me find something I needed. I can absolutely understand why Rennlist would seek to prevent this forum from becoming a free advertising venue for vendors, but I truly believe that part of the value of Rennlist is the recommendations and leads for parts and services posted by other members. If someone is doing it for other than commercial purposes, I don't see the harm. After all, we're big boys and girls that can look out for ourselves.
Just my 2 cents.
AMEN
Old 10-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Svaha
Pro

What Jeff said.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
I agree wholeheartedly.
ditto from a newer -lister...
Old 10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

It seems like most of us paying members agree that RL Moderator made a bad call....but here is his reply to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 993C4Smontreal
there are some going unnoticed for weeks......what is it.... cant be the luck of the draw? read peoples opinions in my latest thread...seems to be unanumous.
sam

Quote:
Here's why -

John D. usually moderates the type 911 forums - including yours.

He's been very involved in the Rennwish project lately, explaining why things have gone by.

Now you know.

The answer is still no.

RV

This is such BS. BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS
Old 10-31-2007, 10:37 AM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Randy,

I am sure you can reach John D.....please ask him to address this issue.
Also, you can repy to me in this thread. No need to PM me.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

I think I figured it all out:

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic/114512-conan-and-his-dog-insult-french-canadians-link-to-video.html

FYI: I am from Montreal, Mecca to French Canadians!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Black993
Drifting

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
Just my 2 cents.

Couldn't have said it any better!
This place is great and I too have found things I needed through posts about ebay ads and group buys.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Sir -

I gave you ample reason. I was not singling you out, rather enforcing the rules.

Now, you've decided to go public and violate another aspect of the Charter, namely posting a private correspondance

See item 5 of the Charter:

https://rennlist.com/charter.htm
Old 10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Well - here - since everyone seems to believe they have a better solution - here was my reply to Sam (and yes - I can and will post PM's I write... To post ones you are NOT the original author of is the exact same as posting a private e-mail, where the sender/author had every reason to believe it was meant to be read IN PRIVATE and NOT shared in public...

Hi Sam..!

Thanks for the heads-up..! Actually - there is a reason that I ask to know about GBs - and when I tell you - know you'll appreciate why

Anyway - previously, we had two GB that went "south". I had no contact at the vendors - and the rennlister, who "did them" vanished. Of course - I got a bunch of e-mails, so I tried to contact the vendor. 'Course - there was no "vendor". Amazing...

In your case - as they are not a Sponsor - I would have asked you in private - for *your* contact at the vendors, their phone # and yours - "just in case" something goes "bump". As they are not a Sponsor - I have *no idea* who the contact is - and frankly - who the business is? I *do* have that relationship with a Sponsor - which is why when a Rennlister puts together a GB with a Sponsor - I know BOTH parties, and they both know who I am...

Finally - and this isn't the case with yor GB - BUT, I've also had folks do GBs with "Vendors" - and they are a shill for that vendor. I try to eclipse those before they take off

Anyway - now you know why I support Randy's move. All he is doing is try to protect, everyone - including me - from something going "bump in the night", as ultimately - it's our responsibility...

My thanks,

John

It really isn't rocket-science - nor a grand conspiracy theory...

This thread is closed.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 993C4Smontreal
FYI: I am from Montreal, Mecca to French Canadians!
And if it makes you feel any better, I am a Canadian - from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario...mecca to Purebred Canadians.

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF BIASED RL MODERATORS AND ADMIN