Rennsport Reunion Caravan - Leaving from Charlotte on Nov 1st

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rennsport Reunion Caravan - Leaving from Charlotte on Nov 1st

Hi Everyone,

For those of you going to Rennsport Reunion III we have a group leaving from Charlotte (actually from the SC Welcome Center at Mile Marker 89 on I-77 South) on Thursday November 1st.

We will be leaving PROMPTLY at 9AM so you may want to get there around 8:30-8:45 just to be safe.

If you are not there by 9AM just keep driving and catch up. We will be rendezvousing with another group south of Columbia SC on I-26 around 10:45AM.

At the last Rennsport Reunion we had about 30 cars drive down together. Made for quite the adventure.

Bring your walkie-talkies.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

I am envious! Can't make the Reunion but I am coming to the Parade next year and hopefully there will be a caravan for that!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man that sounds like fun. Kinda wish I wasn't already here lol!
Old 10-27-2007, 02:10 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Where's the best place to get full info about the festivities for the weekend. I think the only day I can go is Friday and I am not sure if it is worth it from Nashville for just the first day. Any ideas?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:11 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Where's the best place to get full info about the festivities for the weekend. I think the only day I can go is Friday and I am not sure if it is worth it from Nashville for just the first day. Any ideas?
Bill.
Heres the link:
http://www.rennsport2007.com/index.htm

Cancel what you had planned and come on down for a long weekend.
Lots of stuff planned for Friday thorugh Sunday.
Its only 682 miles from Brentwood.
A fast ride in fast car.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:51 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

My wife and I are leaving StL at 7:30am, so we'll be a bit behind you! We'll be at Hooter's for sure!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Black993
Drifting

So, uh, anyone see the forecast? Possible Tropical Storm/Hurricane projected (for now at least) to cross the lower to mid half of Florida around next weekend

Old 10-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Schnell 911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Nashville her we come!

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
My friend Eric and I are flying to Nashville from SF BAy area tomorrow for three days and then driving to Daytona for Rennsport. HWY 75! Anyway, what's cool to do in Nashville? We are staying downtown and have two days to be tourists. Any go-cart tracks, good bars, etc....Want to take us on some back roads in the TT.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Quick update:

For those of you coming in on I-26 (we will be coming down I-77) there is a southbound rest area just outside of Columbia at mile marker #122. We should be there around 10:45AM. FYI - I-77 intersects I-26 at mile marker #117.

Our next stop will be for those of you wanting to meet up with us on I-95. We will be stopping at the Cracker Barrel at Exit 53 near Walterboro SC. Since we should be getting there a bit after noon we will have lunch there also.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Black993
So, uh, anyone see the forecast? Possible Tropical Storm/Hurricane projected (for now at least) to cross the lower to mid half of Florida around next weekend
We need the rain Anybody going friday for the track tour? The 911's get on the track from 1- 1:30.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Black993
Drifting

Originally Posted by jimq
We need the rain Anybody going friday for the track tour? The 911's get on the track from 1- 1:30.
Not doubting that in the least! Do we need anything special for the track tour or where do we go to get in on this! I dont want to miss out on it
Old 10-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey dgetz,
I just saw your post. Too bad I didn't see it yesterday, as I was downtown for dinner last night. We could have hooked up and talked 993 stuff for awhile.

Sorry for the delay, but it sounds as if you will be here today and tomorrow. If you're staying downtown, definitely check out the downtown music scene on Lower Broadway and 2nd Avenue. The Wildhorse almost always has a good show, but the real fun is in the honky tonks on Broadway. Tootsie's and Robert's to name a few.

I would also Tour the Ryman (Grand Ole Opry). I only takes about 30 minutes, but it's pretty neat to see the church of Country Music.

You might catch a Predators game. Other than that, there are some pretty neat tours of Nashville. The Porsche dealership is only about 2 miles from downtown on 8th Avenue South if you're looking for Porsche stuff.

If you guys are free around 5-6, I might be able to meet up with you for a beer. Send me a PM and Iwill check it from work.

Bar scene depends on what environment you're looking for. Monday night was great at Virago. Tuesday nights are good sevveral places downtown. The bars and restaurants in the Gulch are the nouveau hip spots (Ru San's for Sushi, Sambuca for nice dinner with live music, Watermark for good food). There are two more main strips of night life on Demonbreun and on South Street. Just ask someone where The Bo0undr'y is or where Dan McGillicuddy's is and you'll find them. That covers the hip spots downtown.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Black993
Not doubting that in the least! Do we need anything special for the track tour or where do we go to get in on this! I dont want to miss out on it
As far as I know you buy the ticket to get in and they have set times for different model lines to go on track. I doubt that you need one but I am going to throw the helmet in the car. A friend got my tickets last night over at the ticket window at Daytona USA. No service charge that way. He didnt bring them in to work today so I dont know what they say on them if anything. Parking is model specific also from what I read. Man I love the sound of a 911 going thru the tunnel to the infield. Leave space between you and the next car and go thru in 1st gear The last few events they seem to be running people in at the turn 1 tunnel and not the one in front of the track.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Black993
Drifting

Originally Posted by jimq
As far as I know you buy the ticket to get in and they have set times for different model lines to go on track. I doubt that you need one but I am going to throw the helmet in the car. A friend got my tickets last night over at the ticket window at Daytona USA. No service charge that way. He didnt bring them in to work today so I dont know what they say on them if anything. Parking is model specific also from what I read. Man I love the sound of a 911 going thru the tunnel to the infield. Leave space between you and the next car and go thru in 1st gear The last few events they seem to be running people in at the turn 1 tunnel and not the one in front of the track.
Good info. I can just run across the street to the daytona usa ticket window at lunch and pick them up

I have the schedule of events from the rennsport site but it looks like those are "practice" events listed that are model specific. Guess I"ll just get there early and see what happens.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion Caravan - Leaving from Charlotte on Nov 1st