Feeler: '97 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:13 PM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeler: '97 C2S

Hey guys!

I'm looking at a potential keeper here.. I'm in no rush to pull the trigger as the season is coming to an end over here and I actually have the whole winter/spring to find the right car. However, thisone seems just what I am looking for. Expert opinions wanted, you notice anything unusual looking at the pictures? Sorry for the crappy quality pics, I demanded more and they are on their way.. So here's the car:

Porsche 993 C2S
Arena red over black
1997 (April 3rd)
84.915km (51.200 miles)
Stick shift

Pros:
2 owner car. First owner bought from new and owned it for 3 years until 2000. Second owner (seller) has now owned it for 7 years, which IMHO is very positive from a buyers point of view. Colorcombo that I really like. Recent expensive 80.000KM (50.xxx mile) service including new clutch and rotors/pads. Car has been serviced regularly, has all the documents, 2 keys + the extra servicekey etc. No accident (according to the seller) and original paintwork (except for recent front end respray to due rock chips). Just feels like a genuine car and it is also reasonably priced.

Cons:
Still running on stock suspension. Not very many factory extras on thisone, although the most important ones are there (e.g aircon etc). A minus is also that it has the original 17"Cup II's (with 31mm spacers) instead of the optional (option 408) 18" Technology hollowspoke twists. This does not bother me at all since I have a set lying on the shelf at home .

This could definately be something.. Not very many cars around in this condition and in this pricerange.. Subject to a PPI and provided that everything works out... . Whaddya think? Apologize again for the crappy exterior pics. Oh and it's a German car, so it's not like it's next door or anything. But that's another problem..

Last edited by V; 04-05-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice. Price?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:36 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Judging by the new clutch and brakes, I might expect that it has been driven in a spirited manner, which is good. Nevertheless, with those miles I would factor the cost of a top-end rebuild into your offer. Otherwise, looks like a clean unit, and the black interior is a plus. Most of our Arenas seem to be Cashmere or Gray.

Are the C2S prices compared to C2 as silly high over there as here?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:05 PM
V
Drifting

It's a whole different market over here. There are people importing from the states but the European cars are at rougly a 10-15% premium over an identical imported US Spec car. Don't ask me why. I think there are slight differences though (Engine peak power, gearbox, OBD, SAI/CEL issues etc). This is partly why (I am totally not sure of this) European cars do not need a top end as frequently as a US spec car . For example here in Sweden, I was running my Pcar at 99octane gasoline, which compared to a max of 93 octane in some places in the US means far less clogging/CEL in the long run..

To be honest, I have never heared anywhere over here in Europe that I should account for a top end rebuild buying a car at 50.XXXmiles??

The seller is asking 44.900euro, which is reasonable. Possible knock it down to 43 or something, taking into account the upcoming Bilstein HD /RoW M030 upgrade..

As I said, prices are hard to compare overseas. As a reference, a US car costing 44.900usd would cost me roughly 46.000euro (with everything included) ready to go in Europe (and then it's worth 10-15% less than the equivalent Euro spec car ). No deal.

The "S-cars" are at a ~10K euro premium (or a ~14.000usd premium if you like) over here
Old 10-26-2007, 05:24 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see If I got this right, you sold a Vesuvius (imho the single most beautiful color ever) and now you are going to buy an Arena red car. wish I could have found a 993tt in that color!!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Yeah didn't you just sell the other one?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,802 Likes on 1,713 Posts

My understanding is that the euro M030 shocks last longer than the US version. I don't know if this is an old wife's tale but there may be nothing wrong with what you've got.

If you buy it and want to swap your orange lenses (F & R) for red and clear lenses, let me know. I've got the RoW front lenses.

Nice car but I liked the Versuvius better.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:25 PM
V
Drifting

Originally Posted by six gun
Lets see If I got this right, you sold a Vesuvius (imho the single most beautiful color ever) and now you are going to buy an Arena red car. wish I could have found a 993tt in that color!!
Originally Posted by Cactus
Yeah didn't you just sell the other one?
Originally Posted by Yunggrazhoppa
My understanding is that the euro M030 shocks last longer than the US version. I don't know if this is an old wife's tale but there may be nothing wrong with what you've got.

If you buy it and want to swap your orange lenses (F & R) for red and clear lenses, let me know. I've got the RoW front lenses.

Nice car but I liked the Versuvius better.
Colour is just a matter of personal preference. I think 993's rock period, in all colours (well.. almost all colours). Ofcourse some colours are higher on my list than others but still, to me the condition of the car itself is more important and that's why I decided to sell my Vesuvius C2S before and get a new one. I could have fixed it sure, but I think this route is better economically. This car has half the mileage of my old car and I had quite a few things coming up that needed attention. The buyer was aware of this and I almost got what I wanted / thought it was worth. This seems like a genuine car. Basically I wanted: Vesuvius, Zenithblue, Ocean/Midnight or Arenared. Those were my top choices for colour and here I am . I agree it doesn't make sense to switch from a Vesuvius C2S to an Arena red C2s, all other things aside. But this is the whole picure . So, buy it or not??

Louis, it might be true that the shocks lasts longer.. I was thinking of going the Bilstein HD/ ROW m030 route anyway since I think its a big improvement over stock (struts that is). I'll trade lenses with you if I buy the car, sure. Beware that there are people over here colouring their orange lenses red because they hate the orange OEM. I understand it's hard to do the opposite
Old 10-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Just wondering but I like the Arena better so good choice. Go with the PSS9's for the adjustibility...height and stiffness.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cactus
Just wondering but I like the Arena better so good choice. Go with the PSS9's for the adjustibility...height and stiffness.
+1
Old 10-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,802 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Viggo, I remember your threads when you were debating selling your car and this seems like the right move based on your needs/wants. I have to give you a hard time because there is a special edition Versuvius here in Vancouver (deviated mirrors/spoiler/wheels etc.) and it such a beautiful and rare specimen. If I got my hands on one of those, I'd never let it go. Having said that, arena is a very nice color and this seems like a good deal from what you've posted.

Let me know if you buy it and we'll do the lens swap. I'm very keen on doing this. As for the suspension, I agree, after having owned both, go for the PSS9s over the HDs. It's nice to have a greater degree of adjustability, especially for stiffness.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:11 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Louis,

There are least 2 Vesuvio C2S's in Vancouver. Weissach has sold two, one was formerly by an acquaintance. I'm with you, if I owned it I would never sell, just add to the collection!

Let's hook up now that we are neighbours.

David

Quick Reply: Feeler: '97 C2S