Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

ABS functioning?

Old 10-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Portugal993

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh wow...I know the difference between breaking and braking haha...its almost 3 am so I'm not exactly focused lol...
And thanx for expaining the technique, I'll try that when I get to do a track day.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:50 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't believe some of you guys haven't experienced your abs. On track I use it to find the braking limit and on a wet road everybody should be able to get to it, just stamp on the brakes! Portugal, if you don't notice it in the sand, you're either driving to slow (since abs doesn't work below a certain speed) or something is wrong.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually trigger it once a day at DE's. I'm trying to control modulation, sometimes I just overcook it. And like Martin, I have RA-1's and I'm running Pagid Yellows - it's a good thing I'm in a harness when I bring it down from the back straight at Thunderhill (100+) into T14, I'm hanging by the webbing.

As Mark mentioned, Trail-Braking helps you to rotate the car - by keeping the weight bias forward as you begin turn-in you keep weight/grip on the front wheels. In the beginning we are taught to do all our braking in a straight line, then release brakes, then turn in. But as you carry more and more speed into the corner, trail braking helps you maintain some momentum as opposed to fully releasing the brakes, transferring weight backwards (on an inherently rear-weight balanced car) and losing grip as you turn in. You maintain light brake pressure until you transfer to the throttle-on point. Advanced technique.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS functioning?