993 Forum 1995-1998

993 aftermarket parts, where?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts
Default 993 aftermarket parts, where?

I've searched, & searched, it seams the 993 is the black sheep, there are a TON of parts for the 996/997 & a ton for the 964, but the 993 doesn't seam to have much out there.

I'm looking for HFC's, headers, strut bars, & other little odds & ends, then factory Cup & GT3 type parts. I've seen a lot of stuff for sale, but it's all over the place, & most don't really have descriptions, or pictures.

Besides, the dealer, where do you guys get your factory parts from? I want to do an oil change, fuel filter change, air fitler, Turbo S brake ducts, & get a new key & remote, my thoughts were to get the switchblade one. It would be nice to see the prices for the factory carbon fiber interior kit, for the doors & dash.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:11 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
.. but the 993 doesn't seam to have much out there.
Thats because the 993 doesnt need the aftermarket

Seriously now, factory RS parts seem to be the good stuff. Many folks, myself included, use as much RS content as possible (or as I can afford it).

Gert at Carnewal.com is excellent, as are Steve Weiner at Rennsport Systems and ViperBob at Vortex Motorsport. They are all very good folks and offer excellent post sale service, something America seems to have forgotten about.

For typical Porsche parts, Sunset Imports is the place I like to use, even though they are not a RL sponsor. They offer out of state sales at 15% over cost. They are in Oregon. Others seem to like Suncoast Porsche, both are p-car dealers.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:18 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod

Seriously now, factory RS parts seem to be the good stuff. Many folks, myself included, use as much RS content as possible (or as I can afford it).

Gert at Carnewal.com is excellent, as are Steve Weiner at Rennsport Systems and ViperBob at Vortex Motorsport. They are all very good folks and offer excellent post sale service, something America seems to have forgotten about.

For typical Porsche parts, Sunset Imports is the place I like to use, even though they are not a RL sponsor. They offer out of state sales at 15% over cost. They are in Oregon. Others seem to like Suncoast Porsche, both are p-car dealers.
Word!

Scott
Old 10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod

Thanks! You seam to be the go-to guy for a lot of this stuff.
Yes, I will ALWAYS prefer stock upgrades to aftermarket, if available & not way over priced. I've gone this way with my old M3, getting EVO III & GRP A & N factory parts, then on my S4, getting RS4 parts.

I've talked to Steve, & got really GOOD vibes from him, really he is not far away from me. I'll try Sunset for factory stuff, my local dealer is like 40% ABOVE normal retail! They charged me almost $500 for a new Audi switchblade key, and also charged me $100 for a radio code.

Post sale service, yea, it's DOA!
Old 10-18-2007, 02:26 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you looking for anything specific, or do you just want to compile a list of vendors? What I have done is to create a bookmark/favorites folder with the links of different vendors as I find out about them either reading here, Excellence, Pano, etc. A good place to start is with the sponsors link at the top of the page.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:13 PM
tmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found pelicanparts.com to be great.

You can order pretty much any OEM part using their online diagrams:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLoo...SA_KATALOG.htm

these are copied right from the Porsche PET CD, so it's the real deal.

tmc

Quick Reply: 993 aftermarket parts, where?