update on the Women of Rennlist Calender

Old 10-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on the Women of Rennlist Calender

It's time......

If you haven't already heard the Women of Rennlist, known as the WOR's on Off Topic, are putting together a 2008 Calendar with all the Proceeds (after production and mailing costs) to go to Project Rennwish.

The Calendar will feature 12 WOR's with their Porsche's. The pictures will reflect each WOR's distinct personality. There have been teaser photos and avatars floating around on the different forums and John D. may be working on my teaser photo as I write this....

Anyway, we posted previously trying to gauge your interest and now we are confident that there is enough interest to move forward so we are asking you now to private message Leslie. (yes that's "Leslie.") with your name, address, how many you would like and your preferred payment method.

Thank you!

-Jenn
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Update! We're up to 91 orders!! Send me your PMs!

Thanks, guys!

Last edited by Leslie 928 S2; 10-16-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:04 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 311 Likes on 138 Posts

COME ON MOR'S (Men of Rennlist) ORDER YOUR CALENDAR TODAY !!!!

$20.00 each plus shipping. RENNWISH is a GREAT CAUSE.

Whatcha waiting for?

~JoAnne
Old 10-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It's that time! Yup, here's the moment you have been waiting for. I have finally determined all of the details for the calendar purchase, but please don't just jump to the bottom and start making payments, please read this whole post!

FIRST, I HAVE AN INCREDIBLE ANNOUNCEMENT.
We have been honored by one of our own, an amazing Anonymous Angel, who has graciously asked for "permission" to pay for the entire cost of production, including shipping to me from Shutterfly, of up to 350 calendars, or 50 over our order, whichever is less!!

This Angel says he doesn't want his money back, he just wants to ensure that plenty of calendars are sold, and that no one (that would probably be me) gets stuck out of pocket with a bunch of calendars that didn't sell.

(OCBen, you are now officially forbidden by the Angel to pester me anymore about getting better printing deals or anything else.

)

So....what does this mean to us? The result is that 90% or more of your purchase price will be going to Rennwish, and not to various expenses! It also means that we can offer the calendars at a flat $20 each, without requring extras for postage and Paypal fees, because we are going to make plenty of money for Rennwish. We won't clear just a measly $5-6 per calendar as originally planned, but instead, approximately $17 of each Paypal sale will go to Rennwish, and of each check or money order sale, approximately $18 will go to Rennwish. This is not saying that you can't add on to your Paypal or check if you wish to. If you wish to ensure that all $20 goes to Rennwish, you can add an extra $2 (or $3 if paying by Paypal), and that will net $20 for Rennwish. (Those of you who are out of country should make a personal decision whether you wish to add extra for the extra cost of postage -- that figure would be pure speculation on my part at this point.)

Before you ask...why will only $17 or $18 go to Rennwish if you pay $20? Shutterfly informs me that flat US postage for each calendar will run $2.16. If you use Paypal, that will cost an extra $1.00. So, if you wish to tack on extra, that will be appreciated, but with the Angel's assistance, we are going to make so much for Rennwish now, I feel we can do a flat $20, and still make a very nice donation.

So, now comes the important part:

If you said you preferred to pay with Paypal, the payment address is: WORCalendar@yahoo.com. That is open for business as of right now.

If you indicated to me that you would be paying by check or money order, I will PM each of you before the end of this week with the payee and mailing address information (sorry, but I don't want it all over the web).

If you previously told me you wanted to pay by Paypal, and now wish to change to check/money order, please send me another PM and I will give you that information as well.

However, please note....I'm setting up a second checking account with my bank to handle this money, so as not to get it mixed in with my own budget, so if you are sending me a check, it will be a couple of weeks before those checks clear back to your account because my second account is still in process of being opened.

ONE FINAL THING -- VERY IMPORTANT!!
I am basing the number of calendars I order on the PM'S I RECEIVE, so PLEASE DO NOT SEND A PAYMENT WITHOUT A PM.
Otherwise you might not get a calendar!

Thank you all for your support, encouragement, and donations to Rennwish. You're all champions to the WOR!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

UPDATE: 215 calendars ordered by 156 people so far! Nice!!! Keep 'em coming, guys!!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Come on Guys!!! We are trying to sell at least 300 !!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

A little birdy told me this weekend that some people have sent me PMs requesting calendars and I have not gotten back to them. If you are one of those people who has not received a response from me, I offer my profuse apologies. I thought I was being very careful to go through my inbox methodically and not miss anything, so I cannot say whether I am having technical issues, or simply having senior moments, but I beg your forgiveness and ask you to please contact me again.

I have well over 400 PMs from 220+ people in my inbox these days...so please don't take this the wrong way, but it will take way more hours than I have to go back through every PM and figure out who I'm missing.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

WE HAVE OVER 320 CALENDARS SOLD!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys...no more procrastinating! Get your order in for the calendar. Last I checked there were 3, maybe more, 993s in the calendar.

<<< fyi...this is not the calendar shot...but a much subdued stand-in.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got mine! LOVED IT!!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm really glad to hear that, Pedro!!

Hopefully all will feel the same.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Got Mine today too and I'm a loooong way from New Jersey. Guess the US Potal Service can do the job correctly and quickly once in a while

I'm Smiling again and it feels good!!!!!!

Bet you are glad your through with the majority of the licking and sticking huh Leslie? 400+ Calendars... That's a ton of glue! U R the best!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Topless in Temecula
Racer

Got mine - you all should change your name to the Hot Ladies of Rennlist! LOve the calender - my son said, "Mom's not going to let you keep this is she?" LOL. Great job.

Peter
Old 01-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hello All,

Well, I know everyone has been dying to know how Rennwish did after the calendar sale.

Thanks to the Rennwish Angel and many others who contributed extra over their purchase price, we did extremely well!!

I've been asked to split up the sales between 2007 purchases and 2008 purchases, for tax purposes, so that Rennwish can issue letters of acknowledgement to everyone who contributed or purchased.

Therefore, in 2007 I received a total of $10,590.96 in payments. After Paypal fees ($291.34) and costs of mailing (labels and envelopes for $339.04 and postage of $926.17), I will today be mailing out the below check for $9,034.41 to Rennwish for 453 sales in 2007. 2008 sales (an additional 12 calendars so far) should hopefully be finalized by next week. I'm merely awaiting the final sweep of funds from the Paypal account from my last minute purchasers, and then a second check will go out in the amount of $228.79, as things stand today. Unless I get any MORE last minute purchasers??

THEREFORE, AS OF TODAY, A TOTAL OF $9,263.20 HAS BEEN RAISED FOR RENNWISH!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALLOWING ME THE PLEASURE OF HANDLING THIS LABOR OF LOVE.

AND THANK YOU ALSO FOR YOUR PURCHASES AND CONTRIBUTIONS!!

Many people asked for a list of the models and their cars. Please download and print this list if you were one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: update on the Women of Rennlist Calender