Notices

Dash lights and Radio install issue

Old 10-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Dash lights and Radio install issue

I just bought a CDR-220 from a fellow Rennlister, Raptor, who, by the way, packed it up amazingly well and sent it to me faster than I could PayPal him the money- Thanks Sid!
So, I went through the simple three minutes of hooking it up and then the tortuous 45 minutes of trying to get it to seat the last 3/8ths of an inch in the dash... I finally got it in and it works great.
So I had to run to the store this evening and my dash lights don't work.
I did a search here on Rennlist and didn't find anything except a lot of people misspell gauge as "guage".
Does anyone know what I could have knocked loose? Or actually which fuse to check, I can't figure out which one corresponds to the dash lights.
TIA
Old 10-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK, I couldn't wait I had to go down there and find out what was going on. I traced it down to my own sloppiness. I had installed a later model CDR-210 a few months ago and had to do the illumination wire on pin 6 update. The TSB said to splice off the ashtray light, so I did. Well in my haste I used one of those lame splice-tap things that I knew were unreliable (see picture). I knew at the time it was a bad idea because they always seem to cause problems, but I was in a hurry, and I never seem to learn. Anyway, it cut through the core so much that the moving around of installing a new stereo caused a break in the copper core and it seems that the dash light circuit feeds through the ashtray light-DUH. . . So I got to pull out the 220 again, and fix properly what I should have fixed properly the first time, and then spend the 45 minutes trying to get it to seat correctly. All is well now, thank you.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: