Old 10-07-2007, 08:53 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Maryland Fall Foliage Tour - Watersheds & Covered Bridges

Maryland Fall Foliage Tour
Watersheds & Covered Bridges

Sunday, October 21st 8:30-9:30am Meet; 9:45am Departure

When: Sunday, October 21st… We will meet between 8:30–9:30am for a prompt 9:45am departure time.

Where: The meeting place is right off I-70… We will gather in the parking lot of the Weis Market in Frederick, MD. A McDonalds and gas stations are nearby… Directions below:

Bring: A full tank of gas, an appetite, money for food ($20 per person should more than cover the meal), and a FRS or GMRS handheld radio (tuned to channel 7, subchannel 21) if you own one! It’s not a necessity to own a radio but it makes it easier for us to keep in contact. Gina and I picked up our radios at Costco for $75.00 which included 3 radios, charger base and earbuds…

Event Info: This route will take us through the Frederick, Catoctin & Emmitsburg Watersheds and over the 3 covered bridges in Frederick County… The scenery on this tour is breathtaking and the roads are demanding and exciting. We will stop and enjoy lunch at the historic COZY INN in Thurmont, MD… The unique Cozy, est. 1929, is the oldest established restaurant in the state of Maryland still operated by the founding family. The restaurant is excellent and the prices extremely reasonable. After lunch we will continue the tour ending at Starbucks in Mt. Airy near I-70… There will be some tremendous photo opportunities on this run so bring the cameras and/or video equipment… This route is different than the Covered Bridge Tour in June… If you attended or missed the Covered Bridge Tour in June you are in for a real treat…

RSVP: Required – RSVP to tour@pcachs.org – This tour is limited so get your RSVP in right away!!!

Event Fee: Free and open to all

Questions? Email me at: tour@pcachs.org ... Everyone will get detailed directions the day of the event…

Directions to Weis Markets in Frederick:

From RT 70 West:

Get off I-70 at Exit 49 which is ALT 40 - MIDDLETOWN exit… At the end of the exit ramp turn RIGHT on ALT 40 and continue to OLD CAMP RD and turn LEFT… Then IMMEDIATELY turn LEFT into the Weis Markets parking lot… GET MAP

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Weis Markets
2 Old Camp Rd & ALT-Rt40
Frederick, MD 21702
Old 10-10-2007, 11:01 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Just a reminder... This is a RSVP event... We will definately fill our reservation quota at the Cozy Inn...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Here's a link to pictures from Sunday's Fall Foliage Tour...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...ost=good-times

Enjoy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maryland Fall Foliage Tour - Watersheds & Covered Bridges