993 Forum 1995-1998

Save the Date: Tri-State NY/NJ Run - Oct. 28th

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:37 PM
BillieNY5
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Naitove
After the long hood 911S left, my SC (POORSCHE) was the oldest car there, though thanks to my M+K, I didn't hear many that sounded much better. Great ride, great route choice, great cars, great people. My son has some great pictures. Just gotta get him to put them up.
That was me in the 70S. A few miles onto rt-55 I had to turn around, its a long way back to Suffolk County It was my first run and I couldn't have had a better time. It was hard as hell to keep up, but I thought the on road etiquette was good. On occasion my slow a$$ had to pull over to let those more frisky through. All the GT3's were to die for but i had a soft spot for this 993.

this was a shot i got on the way home
Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 AM
McQueen993
Instructor

Thanks, Bob and Arrwin for setting this up. I had a great time.

Best,

Phil
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

That was a lot of fun despite getting lost more than once and driving 60 miles out of the way and making it to lunch so late. That cop was tricky sitting way up there in the woods.

Here are a few of the 170 pictures my friend Nelson took while driving.
Attached Images             
Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Default More Pics

More fun except the great hair pin.
Attached Images        
Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome shot! The latter...not so much.

Last edited by Arrwin; 06-14-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Awesome shot! The latter...not so much.
Come on, you were the best dressed guy there. Thanks so much, sorry you couldn't be there for the fun.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Anthony, Really great shots. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:30 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Anthony, nice pics... good seeing you guys again! BTW, good job navigating the first run group!
Aarwin... thanks for putting the time and effort organizing this event...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by redridge
Anthony, nice pics... good seeing you guys again! BTW, good job navigating the first run group!
Aarwin... thanks for putting the time and effort organizing this event...
It wasn't me I swear. Blame my navigator. When we pulled over to see what was wrong with Craig's wheel we didn't realize we missed the turn. But I did save everyone from the cop waiting for us. It was the same one that checked out the lot before we left must have known exactly where we were heading.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Come on, you were the best dressed guy there. Thanks so much, sorry you couldn't be there for the fun.
Thanks. I'll take the win in the "Best Dressed" category.

I'm really glad you guys had fun and it was a event-less for the boys in blue. Sorry for those who got lost!!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
speedbump2
Racer

That looks a lot like a shot I took in the same place. I must have been the next car behind you.
I apologize for my pic being a little blurry, but I was a little busy driving the car at the time ;-)

--Chuck--
Old 10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Leslie.

Oh sure....that's easy for you to say. If you're wrong, you're 75 miles away and out of danger!!

But...if you're right, you'll deserve a calendar!

Actually, my own husband is gonna be the one to screw everything up for us...he's gonna make Mother Nature mad. He's actually out there right now <whispering> *WORKING on the car and cleaning it*!!!

Good point about the slippery leaves.

There is no "top" level to the parking structure. It's just a big ol' awning, roof, overhang, cover, whatever you wanna call it, supported over the ground on columns. There's no getting on top of it. I think we should all try to gather around the nearest end of the overhang that you come to, just as you roll into the rest area, which is farthest from the visitors building. Most visitors will try to park close to the building, so there will probably be less competition for those first spots we will come to.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Edit: Boy, there's a lot of people coming...I printed out 60 Hi My Name is type labels to bring, but that's obviously not gonna be enough to go around.
Ok...two things. No, make that three. One, big thanks to Arrwin and Bob for arranging an amazing day for all of us.

Two, I learned something new this weekend. The rest area has an upper level parking deck!! I've been stopping at that place for over 25 years, this is the first I ever knew that. My apologies for speaking like I knew wtf I was talking about.

And three, somebody deserves a free calendar. Hmmm....wonder who that could be?

What a freakin' awesome day it was yesterday. Couldn't have asked for better weather, and the drive was fantabulous. Excellent getting a chance to meet some of you.

Riad, I'm really bummed I didn't run into you at all.

Lemme tell ya, that one section of road towards the end where we seemed to be coming straight down onto a set of "s" curves, where the turns were banked out instead of in...holy smoke!! That was kind of freaky scary. But in a good way!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:10 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speedbump2

That looks a lot like a shot I took in the same place. I must have been the next car behind you.
I apologize for my pic being a little blurry, but I was a little busy driving the car at the time ;-)

--Chuck--
I believe i am the one with the brake lights inn the middle of the picture, that might be Frank just in front of you looks like his third brake light is out.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:18 PM
NYC 993
Intermediate

Arwinn and Bob - great job putting it all together, it was my first drive and I can't wait for the next one!

Getting lost was part of the fun up there, though my group did pull over after missing the turn for 55, I pealed off and went back to follow the route, think the rest took a short cut using the gps...
Old 10-29-2007, 01:49 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I believe i am the one with the brake lights inn the middle of the picture, that might be Frank just in front of you looks like his third brake light is out.
Frank had his headlights on the whole time, I think those are just his tails lamps, not brakes.

Quick Reply: Save the Date: Tri-State NY/NJ Run - Oct. 28th