my refinished wheel with blue chrome

BTW I won "Best in Class " with almost 200,000 km on the old lady

Cheers Guy
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guy...Looks like you guys had a great time...sorry to have missed it. Your wheels are looking good...as well as the whole car. What a beautiful setting!!!!! Congrats on the win!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 PM
allill
Drifting

Ver nice!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Nice job Guy...maybe next year I can come up and give you a run for your money (well, maybe not I am too much of a slob..).

Cheers,

Mike
Old 08-31-2007, 02:17 AM
Scooter92
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guy, you deserve that win. You have a beautiful car.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Nice calipers!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:29 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kudos man!
Well done!!!

Gerry
Old 08-31-2007, 01:26 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rcwelch
Hi Guy...Looks like you guys had a great time...sorry to have missed it. Your wheels are looking good...as well as the whole car. What a beautiful setting!!!!! Congrats on the win!!!
Thanks Randy
You are absolutely correct the event was world class setting and great events and banquets with guess speaker like Vic Elford who signed my award .

Originally Posted by Scooter92
Guy, you deserve that win. You have a beautiful car.
Thanks Scott
You should`ve seen what I went through to get the car ready for the concours . Some of us drove up Friday (12 car Caravan ) and on the way up I was second car in lead and a Cayman in front position . At one place we were driving aprox. 80 mph and the Cayman in front did not see something laying on the road and drove right over it . This hard sheet of plastic (the best I can describe it is it was like the undertray engine cover of a 993 ) it caught wind and flew right at my car and hit from the drivers front fender to the rear wheel well and hitting the drivers side mirror and smashing the mirror in the process . Boy was I p^&sed off . Frist the guy in front not watching where he was going and I am driving and seeing broken mirror and could just imagine what the rest of the driver`s side look like .
We stopped and the car was marred with black residue from front to back . I just felt like turning around and heading back home , but I persevered . We made it to the resort around 5pm and we checked in our rooms and there was a welcome bar-b-q and registeration (just a beautiful setting on the mountain )with lots of happy folks meeting and greeting and I knew alot of these people but inside I was not happy with what had happened to my car the drive up . After a few hours I just went to my room a bit tired and wondering with what to do because all the guys were at the wash stations they had set up for us detailing their cars for the next day event . I went to bed instead and got up at 1 am in the morning went to the underground wash station and wash the car then got myself a ginger ale and flip over a wash bucket and sat down started hand buffing out all the smearing alongside the car and got it looking the best i coukd with out having my polisher with me . It turn out relatively well except as hard as tried I couldn`t buff the smash mirror( lol ) Then laid a new coat of Zaino on the car. Finished close to 5 am . It was the best therapy that I could of done , being so quiet and alone down there . Got up a couple hours later to start the car setting in the village for the judges and the public to view . I went over to the "red hot queen " Danny`s car and talked to him and notice he had tape his car number on the outside windshield because he was covering a crack in his windshield .....so got me thinking ..... I ran over to the hotel front desk got some scotch tape went back to my car and tape my car number over my drivers broken mirror (lol ) and the next night when they were handing out the awards I was stunned when they announced I came in first in my class .( class = 1995 to 2002 )

That`s what fond memories are made of .

Cheers Guy
out the
Old 08-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Scooter92
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice work Guy. The effort always pays off in one way or another.

Quick Reply: Sun Peaks concours