Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6pt Harness and Anti-sub and GT3 Seat install Q's??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 207 Posts
Question 6pt Harness and Anti-sub and GT3 Seat install Q's??

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help with the transformation that my car is undergoing...

I have been reading all of the other threads in regards to the correct postion to mount the Anti-Sub belts (I think DON PLUMLEY has the best pics of this) in my 993 and have a couple of q's?.

1 - The sub-belts themselves - do they click in to the eye bolts via a click/snap in belt?

2 - How does the sub bracket from the GT3 996 sliders work?? Wrap around?

3 - Under the floor - I gather that you guys put some sort of Backing plate? Any pics?

I only want to drill the floor once (and rememeber I sit on the right and drive on the left - so the pics will seem a$$ about for most of you guys) so need ot be sure before I drill....

I have GT3 seats - and the passanger seat is installed with the 996 mounts (so IIRC has the sub bracket) but the drivers seat is mounted on a bracket to get me as low as possible (I am over 6 and hit my head with a helmet on) so cant use the bar.

Any help would be much appreciated!

THanks in advance,

SImon
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1 - If you have eye bolts as sub mounts (I do), then you need to have a click belt end and they snap into those eye bolts.

2 - Dunno that one

3 - Yes, you need to have good backing plates, best IMO would be to have rectangular stainless steel plate big enough for both holes.

FYI, use the Schroth installation guide for location of the subs & belts otherwise, you can downloadit from their website, it has good info.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:29 AM
jsalamunovich
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You bolt the 996 sub bracket to the seat sliders and then wrap the sub belt around the bracket (same as you do with the shoulder belts on a harness bar). Once you've installed the belt, leave it under the seat all the time and just pull it up through the sub belt hole when you need it.

I don't think this arrangement is acceptable for various racing organizations but it is acceptable for drivers education track events (at least in the US).
Old 08-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info guys,

Looks like I will end up with eye bolts under the drivers seat - and will use the wrap around bits of the 996 sub belt for the passenger one... That way I dont have to drill any holes on the passenger side... and it is not used that often???

Am getting seat backs painted as we speak and waiting for some info from the harness guys. I will take pics and do a write up when done!

Simon.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:04 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brey Krause makes lowered brackets that mount GT3 seats to the floor. They have compatible anti-sub belt mounts if you want to avoid drilling the floor.

Parts you'll need:
R-9080 Side Mount Seat Adapter Kit
R-9042 Seat Track Adapter Kit
R-9031 Anti-Sub Strap Mount for the R-908X Series Side Mounts

(I haven't done this, but this is what I gather from their website)

Last edited by WHB Porsche; 08-23-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: To clarify
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 PM
ppressle
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the gt3 seats with brey krause side plates and Brey krause sub strap bar. Works brilliantly and gains you more headroom than the factory gt3 side rails. The sub strap installs by wrapping around the bar.

I have installed this both with the sliders and without. Worked well both ways.

I would be tempted to do both sides the same way, whatever you choose.

Pete
Old 08-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Thanks again - you guys rock!

@WHB - I have searched and serached ended up making my "own" Brackets - for the drivers side to get me low enough. I used a flat 8mm alloy plate and made adjustments to finallyget me inot the right position. - I have in the meantime shot an emailt to BK asking if they infact are as low as I need.

@Pete - can i be painful and ask for a coupe of shots of your install. My passeneger seat sits so much higher - and doeslook a little strange.

Simon.

Quick Reply: 6pt Harness and Anti-sub and GT3 Seat install Q's??