Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Guy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 316 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Immobilizer Light Never On

Hello,

I searched this topic for past couple hours but did not find a similar problem to mine.

My immobilizer light in the dash does not illuminate, never does. Bulb is good. I also can't program remotes as I have done with past 993. The dealer can't either and they blame a faulty unit (possibly). Everything else with the system works.

Any suggestions??

Last edited by Guy; 07-13-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 526 Posts

Swap the bulb with the Check Engine Light.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:27 PM
geldgrube
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have EXACTLY the same problem. In my case, I traced it down to a broken key contact in the ignition switch. If this contact isn't made, the immobilizer doesn't know that the key is in the ignition and the light doesn't come on. Sure was fun finding that one!

Try this.....put your key in the ignition and open the driver's door. If you don't get a chime, the key contact is bad. If it chimes, then you don't have the same problem as me!
Cheers,
Ron
Old 07-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Guy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 316 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by geldgrube
I have EXACTLY the same problem. In my case, I traced it down to a broken key contact in the ignition switch. If this contact isn't made, the immobilizer doesn't know that the key is in the ignition and the light doesn't come on. Sure was fun finding that one!

Try this.....put your key in the ignition and open the driver's door. If you don't get a chime, the key contact is bad. If it chimes, then you don't have the same problem as me!
Cheers,
Ron
Used a different key and now the light works, good call! The old key was bent enough to not make contact

As i run thru the procedure, should i go to position 1 or 2? Position 1 lights just immmbolizer light, #2 shows all lights.

I tried both for the past 30 minutes and can never got the light to blink, it turns off after 15 second and then comes back on steady

Quick Reply: Immobilizer Light Never On