I'm ticked off! My C4S damaged...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 993James993
That bites... but it can and will be fixed. You do however had another problem that could become much more serious.

If I understand your post correctly, you parked your car in front of your driveway. Even if you do this all the time, it is not a good idea. In fact it is such a bad idea that I think you are as much to blame as she is. Furthermore, she thinks that too (if not now she will surely come to think so.)

If you value your peace of mind, your marriage and your car, you should consider accepting part of the blame and letting her off the hook. It's not worth the consequences if you don't. Who knows, that might be her car after the divorce and you could get the Lexus.

It won't hurt so much once it's fixed. Good luck!
First, I'm very sorry your car was damaged. I can relate because not that long ago, my son hit my car with his bike. While I love my car...it's a car...not nearly on the same scale as my family.

I agree with the post above...I realize parking in the city is a hassle but parking in front of your driveway raises the possibility of an incident. I don't get it...you drive out on the sidewalk?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:34 PM
texas911
Race Car

Oh **** that totally sucks.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:36 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Aw frig man! ...not another 993 getting damaged ...there seems to be a spate of those on the forum(s) right now.

I gotta admit ...I would have an effing canary.

Gerry
Old 06-09-2007, 12:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

sorry to hear that. you were just asking me about clear bra the other day.
bodystyles in south bay or cars dawydiak (sp) are both extremely good in porsche repairs. good luck. maybe this is the time to ask wife for a 997GT3?

i am not kidding if this makes you chuckle a bit.
i was a bimmer head for decades. one wife gets car sick when i drive. one day she told me she's about to barf, i told her to turn to the window and do it out the car... well, she HAD to get it all over the stick shift and ctr console. i was livid. then she spent the whole day cleaning it up. i told her the car smells funny now. so the next day she bought me a boxster S in 2002, then i got hook to over 10 p cars since then ;-)
Old 06-09-2007, 01:11 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, it's just a car....it will be fixed just as good as new and you will get over it.

Second, your wife feels very bad about this....on the plus side, think of how much leverage you will have during future mod discussions
Old 06-09-2007, 01:43 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
Oh **** that totally sucks.
haha that says it all
Old 06-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 852 Likes on 435 Posts

Seeing pics of your car, I could only open my mouth very wide and whisper to myself - "oh fuc*". I would be so frickin' pi**ed, and then I'd have to let it go.

Shi* happens. Glad I live in the suburbs with lots of open space .

It'll be as good as new in a month or 2. No worries.

Steve R
Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

Im sorry to hear that. but thats why we call it an accident. Im sure she didnt mean it. . btw I could refer you to the body shop that restotred my yellow c4s if you wish. they do an awesome job. good luck
Old 06-09-2007, 02:45 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Jeff, Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I was just on the phone with the other Jeff (allill) and he told me what happened. I know it hurts now but once you put it in perspective it's just a car and it'll get fixed.

I did the ISV cleanout today on my car since you and Jeff said it wasn't that bad of a DIY. Thanks for the advise.. It went pretty smoothly except I riped my Heater Air Duct that covers the top of the Alternator and I dropped my 10mm socket down the rtside of the fan. Luckily was able to get it out with a magnet and I had to order the Air Duct.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:38 AM
ezinternet
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

On the topic of "Things our wives have done to our Porsches", and just to put the dimple in perspective I once had a 944 Turbo. Midnight Blue. Gorgeous. Bought from a concours enthusiast. BBS wheels. My wife rarely, almost never, drove the car.

We live in a neighborhood with lots of oaks. Our driveway slopes down to the garage and the short walls on either side cause debris that blows in to collect a bit. One Fall day I had to take the van to haul some stuff and my beloved had to run out on an unexpected errand so she drove the 944T.

She came back and parked in the driveway, next to the walls thinking she would leave me more room to get back in with the van. Unfortunately she parked right over a small pile of leaves. Hot turbo header right over the small pile of leaves.

I came home, drove up and saw the car in the driveway rather than the garage. Strange. The car looked lower, and sort of chalky. Rear window was gone! Melted aluminum on the driveway!! Front of the car ... really gone!!!

There was no need to forgive, there wasn't any malice. It's just the way life unfolds. In your case, Jeff, I think you've got the right attitude. Take it lightly. Use it as an opportunity to appreciate what you do have. But fix it up as good as, or better than, new!
Old 06-09-2007, 04:10 AM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear your news, it sucks, but everyone healthy and the car will be sorted fine.

Can't wait to see the pics of your car looking better than ever once its fixed!

Phil
Old 06-09-2007, 05:10 AM
The Eagle
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ouch, I can imagine how you feel. I can feel the pain looking at the pics. Good luck. Let us know when she's ready and share some pics with us when she is. It's a magnificent looking car.
Brad

~ The Eagle ~
---------------------

'96 Polar Silver/Black C4S, manual, litronics, LED's in the positioning lights, alu/leather shifter & handbrake, silver face gauges with alu rings, "GT" sport seats,
full leather interior, motor sound airbox, stainless door sills, with split rear grill and layered with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

'92 Carrera 2 (Sold)
'89 Carrera 3.2 (Sold)
Old 06-09-2007, 05:43 AM
JohnMetro
Racer

Ouch! Sorry to hear, but we also have Lexus RX330, and here in Oz they come with REVERSING cameras! does yours have camera?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

That HURTS!

Sorry to hear what happened... Last year my better half ran over a big piece of shreaded tire and scratched up the front of 993. First I was totally PISSED OFF but than it was the DA WIFE who did it, I'd kept my cool(it was not easy) and told her that "It's okay honey, it's just a car and metals can be fixed/repaired but I can't replace you!." After that she was so embarrased and felt bad about the whole thing, she said go ahead and why don't you do that MOD you being talking about!
"I LOVE my wife"
Old 06-09-2007, 11:37 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

There going to be a lot of discounted 993's because of accident damage one of these days the way things seem to be going

Quick Reply: I'm ticked off! My C4S damaged...