Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   HKplus splitters...not so bad (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/348666-hkplus-splitters-not-so-bad.html)

Wilder 04-30-2007 11:38 PM

HKplus splitters...not so bad

5 Attachment(s)
Despite the bad experiences with the Turbo S duct replicas from HKplus that many here have had, I picked up a set of their aerokit 1 splitter replicas from another member. They were cheap enough that they were worth the risk. As with the ducts, fitment was not perfect and one splitter required slight grinding of a clip and increasing the size of two screw holes. Pretty minimal and once adjustments were made, fitment was good. Nothing beats OE but at almost a third of the cost, they're good value.

Thanks to Mike and Danny for your help. For anyone doing the install, use a lift if you can...it'll make it a lot easier.

TroyN 04-30-2007 11:47 PM

Those look really good, nice car too.

MrRoboto 04-30-2007 11:49 PM

Looks good!

rcwelch 04-30-2007 11:58 PM

Louis...looks good, a great addition. As usual, car looks great too!! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun last weekend...looking forward to the BBQ.

Wilder 04-30-2007 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys. This car was my inspiration. The bumperette delete and clear lenses was part of the plan but I'm parting with the car so mods stop here. I initially was thinking of doing the turbo bumper but I saw this car and love the way it looks.

MrRoboto 05-01-2007 12:08 AM

Hey Louis, as good as your car looks, i think it would look better with BBS RE wheels. :)

Wilder 05-01-2007 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by KraZy007
Hey Louis, as good as your car looks, i think it would look better with BBS RE wheels. :)

:roflmao: Can't disagree...you wouldn't happen to have a set for sale would you?

Mark in Baltimore 05-01-2007 12:29 AM

Thanks for the feedback, Louis. I've seen their wares on ebay and wondered about the quality.

Air Kuul TT 05-01-2007 12:53 AM

Louis,

The spliters look great... I think it's the perfect mod to your cab!

allill 05-01-2007 04:29 AM

Great job Louis!

BTW, that cab you have in the other photo looks good too with the 18" cup replicas. I say go for the ducts without foglights so that the black bumperettes blend in with them.

David in LA 05-01-2007 05:04 AM

Louis - That looks pretty good. I had Hong Kong-sourced aftermarket fiberglass splitters on my white cab previously. The only big issue I had with the aftermarket stuff (besides work required to make them fit) was that they were fiberglass so after a few hard scrapes and bumps the paint developed hairline fractures (which show up on white paint) and the fiberglass layers on the bottom eventually splintered.

Wilder 05-01-2007 05:38 AM

Randy: Looking forward to seeing you.

Jeff: I was actually going to go for the same bumperette delete/clear lense look in the example but I'm selling the car and so I'm done doing mods. I've had the splitters sitting for months in my storage and the car had to go to the body shop to fix a scratch on the rear bumper anyway so I decided to get them painted while I was at it.

David: I took this into consideration and figured that they were cheap enough that they warranted trying them out. I'm pretty good at avoiding scraping them, knock on wood.

Thanks to all for the complements. Cars without wings look fantastic with the aerokit 1 splitters while I prefer the RS when they have the wing to match. Just a tad more aggressive chin.

95FL993CAB 05-01-2007 09:58 AM

Looks great. How much did it cost to have them painted? I am looking at something similar, including a turbo wing :)
Thanks for sharing
Ron

DJF1 05-01-2007 10:58 AM

I too was very surprised about the way they fit. Having my MAShaw RS splitters fitted on my other 993, the fit was not perfect even after some grinding and positioning. These splitters after a bit of minor work on them, they actually fit perfectly!
So anyone buying these ones I would recommend on fitting them on the car first and then sending them for paint. Ofcourse nothing beats the factory ones, but at this price point they are a great value.
Louis Cabrio looks remarkable indeed.

Wilder 05-01-2007 11:32 AM

Thanks again for the help Danny.

Ron: I paid C$200 to have them painted at the top body shop in Vancouver who did a perfect job.