993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Front "S" bumper - price check

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Rick K
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Front "S" bumper - price check

I will most likely be moving this post to the "for sale" section shortly. My 993 has a 2-3" crack in the front bumper (passenger side, coming from top to bottom, straight down), prompting the previous owner to buy an "S" bumper as a replacement (never got around to installing it).

Upon selling, he was advised that he should sell the car w/ the original equipment on it and just add in the bumper at extra cost if the buyer wanted it. I negotiated for the bumper in the sale, but now I'm not sure that I wouldn't rather just repair the crack and sell the bumper I have lying around.

My question(s):
-Not sure what the going rate is for a front "S" bumper for 993 (unpainted), anyone have suggestions for what to price it at?
-Also, how easily can you repair a crack in the front bumper? Does it look ok afterward?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 02:28 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

There are a number of places to check price of new OEM bumper, try this link:
http://dcauto.gotdns.com/catalog/index.php

Also Carnewal sells the Euro bumpers @ approx $1600 US for the whole kit (grommets, grill, etc.)

It should not be difficult for a shop experienced in fiberglass/resin work to repair the crack and refinish your existing bumper cover, IMO.
RD

Originally Posted by Rick K
I will most likely be moving this post to the "for sale" section shortly. My 993 has a 2-3" crack in the front bumper (passenger side, coming from top to bottom, straight down), prompting the previous owner to buy an "S" bumper as a replacement (never got around to installing it).

Upon selling, he was advised that he should sell the car w/ the original equipment on it and just add in the bumper at extra cost if the buyer wanted it. I negotiated for the bumper in the sale, but now I'm not sure that I wouldn't rather just repair the crack and sell the bumper I have lying around.

My question(s):
-Not sure what the going rate is for a front "S" bumper for 993 (unpainted), anyone have suggestions for what to price it at?
-Also, how easily can you repair a crack in the front bumper? Does it look ok afterward?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Rick K
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Ron. Putting up for sale. Just unwrapped it, looks like it is painted I believe, has some adhesive on it from a clear bra as well.

$500 OBO (buyer pays shipping)
rkarlton19@yahoo.com or PM me
Old 04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

PM sent
Old 04-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is this a standard, US S bumper? Will this fit a narrow body 993?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Rick K
Rennlist Member

PMs answered. My understanding is that it will fit a narrow body (as my car is a non-S). Happy to do any measurements to confirm.

Quick Reply: 993 Front "S" bumper - price check