993 Forum 1995-1998

Up & Down to the Nürburgring today

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 04:35 AM
Toddimus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C4S_fan
I can't feel tooooo bad for you. After all, you can DRIVE to that wonderful track, most of us dream of that opportunity!
Amen, brother!

Nice photos by the way, Toga
Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NeufCentOnze
Toga,

That can't be your real license plates or else I have lived outside France too long (24 years...).
- 99 is not a French "departement"
- www (or ww) used to be for temporary license plates, pre registration
- there is no vanity plate option in France (that was not an option in the past)
- the "F" contradicts your signature which specifies that you reside in Belgium.

Hercule Poirot is biting his beret...

Your car looks the best of course (not biased at all)

HaHa!! Good point Mr Poirot but do you know about the copy paste option from Photoshop
A while ago when posting pix, I was erasing my number and just leaving a white or yellow empty plate. I don't remeber who on this forum said it damaged the pictures and would be better to copy paste a few figures or letter to make a fake number...so far so good it works well as I understand.

Thanks for the comments. I used a circular polarizer filter to make the 2 first pictures. This renforces the contrast and colour...the weather made the rest!

Originally Posted by C4S_fan
I can't feel tooooo bad for you. After all, you can DRIVE to that wonderful track, most of us dream of that opportunity!
Hey Dennis, post some pics of your trips in the Seattle area, I'm sure you'll make me jalous too!

Last edited by Toga; 04-27-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live, no kidding, about 35 minutes drive to the 'ring. If any of you ever venture out that way, please shoot me a PM. There is also another American 993 Rennlister who lives even closer.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:33 PM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Toga - I'll let you know as soon as I've sorted a date for the trip and we'll see if we can meet up. I should know in the next week or so. I've just received an email saying the M5 tickets will be on sale every Monday through May, but they only sell 30 at a time! I'd better be quick!
Old 04-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sidned
Toga - I'll let you know as soon as I've sorted a date for the trip and we'll see if we can meet up. I should know in the next week or so. I've just received an email saying the M5 tickets will be on sale every Monday through May, but they only sell 30 at a time! I'd better be quick!

Quick Reply: Up & Down to the Nürburgring today