Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Car Back From Shop (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/342256-car-back-from-shop.html)

rconnon 04-03-2007 02:26 PM

Car Back From Shop

I got my car back from the body shop - it was hit while parked.. here are some before / afters - i Had the hood, cowal and passenger fender re-sprayed while they were in there fixing driver fender / bumper...

I took the car to Korva World Class Collision in Vancouver based on recommendations from MikeJ and i cant express how happy i am with their work..
it's better than new!

:)

Rob.

ZombiePorsche44 04-03-2007 02:47 PM

sweet repair and paint job....congratulations......ZP44

Wilder 04-03-2007 02:48 PM

Hey Rob. Perfect time to get it back with the weather we're having. Vic and Boris do a great job. Mine is going in on the 23rd to get the rear bumper resprayed. I was hoping to see your car at AX but it was obviously out of commission. Make sure you make the next one on April the 21st.

dbf73 04-03-2007 02:57 PM

Normally I would seriously wonder about a place that has "world class" in their name in that they most likely are not. I'm glad your experience proved the exception to my "rule".

Black993 04-03-2007 03:28 PM

wow looks great. Mine is being repaired now and I hope it comes out this well. How does the paint match up to the rest of whats on the car? Thats my only concern since its a 12 year old car with original paint.

Love the wheels too!

rconnon 04-03-2007 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Black993
wow looks great. Mine is being repaired now and I hope it comes out this well. How does the paint match up to the rest of whats on the car? Thats my only concern since its a 12 year old car with original paint.

Love the wheels too!

I had the same fear, they polished the entire car and it looked pretty smack on.. stone chips on the rear quarters make it obvious but taken to a good detailer they can work wonders.. The guys at the shop i went to said ' The original paint is very high quality so you can do a lot to restore it '

They suggested taking it to a well known detail shop that actually wet sands the paint as a part of their re-finishing process... but that being said unless that shop comes very highly recommended stay away.. from what i hear very few can wet sand / polish properly and this can lead to destroyed paint.

I trust these guys and their recommendations so i may take my car at the end of the season to get it done.

Attached are a few from side/back

FLYT993 04-03-2007 04:53 PM

Beautiful job. Nice to hear and SEE of exceptional jobs when it comes to repairing our babies. Congrats!!!

993inNC 04-03-2007 04:55 PM

Purteeeeee :D Was that Roc's old car? Looks familiar

rconnon 04-03-2007 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Purteeeeee :D Was that Roc's old car? Looks familiar

yes it was, good memory.

Mike J 04-03-2007 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by dfarrow
Normally I would seriously wonder about a place that has "world class" in their name in that they most likely are not. I'm glad your experience proved the exception to my "rule".

The owner, Boris Korva, is an little italian guy who apprenticed with Ferrari working with their aluminum bodies back in Italy. Through the air force he learned to fly and did commercial piloting (and eventually taught) but decided to get back into bodywork since his wife was tired of him being away all the time. He ran a high end local shop for a while then started his own which is "Korva World Class Collision". He is old school and absolutely amazing with metal. I have watched him take a big hammer on a large dent on a 911 and work his way through various hammers until the dent was gone...only a slight ripple left which, once prepped, is perfect. He has a real feel for the metal and has very high standards. Its not unusual to see several Ferrari's (there was a Daytona the other day) and several Porsches all being worked on...I like to wander around his shop ; it like being in a candy store except you get to see inside the candy! Oh, and he is a car guy as well....

The biggest downside : he is very very slow. Way too much business and being very picky means long delays...and everyone in the know wants to run their car through his shop.

He has done all the body work on my last two 911's including handling the "Targa Top Ordeal".

Cheers,

Mike

briefescape 04-03-2007 10:02 PM

Yup aside from me Boris is the only other guy that gets to fondle my 993 . He sure knows how to massage those curves and that rear end in shape . He just did the bumperett delete and painted splitters . Yes Rob your car looks purrty :thumbup: .

DJF1 04-03-2007 10:57 PM

Rob that is outstanding! Are you coming down for the XXX run on the 14th?
As for Boris, I hope I'll never have the pleasure to meet him :D

roche 04-03-2007 11:15 PM

nice car, rob. enjoy the car this year!

David Ray 04-03-2007 11:58 PM

I remember the the post with the original damage - great looking car!! Try to stay away from the nimrods....it really looks like they did a outstanding job!