Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

LWF Installed....oh my....

Old 04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LWF Installed....oh my....

what movie was it where the marine is on the 50 cal saw and hollers, "this thing is beautiful". The LWF is much like that.

I had the RS clutch and a new clutch slave installed to go along with the fly wheel and i couldn't be happier. much more responsive in the throttle and great torque and pull, way better than before. The clutch is more precise and has more of an on/off feel that did the older version.

Parts came from Viper Bob and the install was done by Eric at Pacific Power Motorsports. Great guy and good tips for a open track event I'm planning to attend at Thunderhill in early May with a bunch of Shelby Cobra guys. They'll kill me in the straight, but I think I'll have the advance getting in an out of corners. looking forward to it.

one last thing, I'm not having any stalling issues. The ECU (with performance chip) catches the dropping RPMs just fine. The rattle at idle is not a big deal..actually I kind of like it.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Joe... Glad you like it. I think for the money it is one of the best mods to do (assuming one has already done suspension)

Thanks Joe... Have fun at the track.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

The movie was Taps, where Tom Cruise's character, a gung-ho military school cadet, was shooting a machine gun out of a dorm window and declaring, "It's beautiful, man!"

Congrats on the LWF and the lack o' stalling with your '95.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I am not the guru, you may want to tweak the idle with your lights and AC on IF you ever have a stalling issue. I had stalling issues when mine was installed 3 years ago and when the idle was tweaked with the lights and AC on, it made all the difference in the world.

Just my 2 cents IF it happens.

Congrats on the upgrade. I couldnt even tell your the difference between DM and LWF because Im so used to the LWF. I dont know any better now. :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LWF Installed....oh my....