Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Any idea of value?? (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/341998-any-idea-of-value.html)

George from MD 04-02-2007 03:04 PM

Any idea of value??

I have a 1996 993 C2. It's midnight blue metallic with light grey. It has about 25,000 miles on it and has largely been converted to a track car. I'm the second owner and bought it with about 5,000 on it. I'd probably sell it with the turbo twists and perhaps one set of Fikse's (both 18").

Mod's include:

Brand new short ratio gears, steel synchros, LW flywheel, new clutch and new more agressive LSD. (about $11K worth).
New big reds and Hawk HT10s.
Daugherty roll bar painted to match, Recaro D's and Sparco wheel in blue.
Disconnected airbags.
Have original (electric) seats and wheel (w/airbag) in perfect condition.
Sparco five point harness, halon fire extinguisher.
Supercup exhaust, also have original motorsound.

Suspension is H&R with monoballs, RS sways, strut tower brace,
lowered, corner weighted and aligned by the best.

Exterior is (except for rock chips at front) most excellent. It includes front and rear Euro bumpers, tech art intake kit, euro plates and RS rear spoiler.

She is my baby, I really love this car and she greatly impresses all who see her. She does mid to high 1:25s at Summit and could do even better with a better driver I'm sure. The motor is tight, strong and leak free, She has always received top notch, even overkill, in maintenance and service ever since I've owned her. Her name is "Frau P".

I am only considering selling her as the wife is making me an offer I don't think I can refuse. Without saying what I'd like to get-

what do you think a fair price would be? Obviously it's only going to to someone who wants to track it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

KOAN 04-02-2007 03:47 PM

My car is almost identical, except for Motons, an RS wing, and a Cargraphics oil cooler. I have about 30k miles on it. Mine is polar silver. I'd guess the price is about $38k, +/-. I may be optimistic, having the same emotional attachment that you have. I'll be interested to hear what disinterested parties think the value is.

George from MD 04-02-2007 04:51 PM

Thanks very much. Your car looks great- you obviously have the same ducts and splitters and are a man of eminently good taste. Wish I had the Motons though....

Anyway I figured between 36 and 42. I'm hoping to get around 40 but we'll see- I haven't decided to sell her just yet. The wife is proposing a 996 GT3- but for use on for the street and the track. I'm still thinking about it. Of course if it were the new GT3 there would be no thought process at all...

Greg Fishman 04-02-2007 04:57 PM

I think you might be better off converting it to a true street car. You list of potential buyers grows immensely. My thought is your car is a $35k car and then you sell the others bits and pieces seperately. I can't imagine someone not paying at least $5k just for the transmission. Maybe do a gear box swap with someone. As it is I think upper 30's is a fair price but it might take a while to sell. Your car is nice but it would still take a lot of work to make it a race car, so you are pretty much stuck with a market of DE'ers or time trialers.

My two cents.

2ndof2 04-02-2007 05:20 PM

Whew, thats good news about the 996 GT3. For a second there I was reading inbetween the lines thinking she was either telling you its the car goes or you go! Good luck in selling the 993.

Greg Fishman 04-02-2007 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by George from MD
The wife is proposing a 996 GT3- but for use on for the street and the track. I'm still thinking about it. Of course if it were the new GT3 there would be no thought process at all...

I am going through this right now as well. Having driven a couple GT3's it is a no brainer. That car is awesome, of course it is newer and a lot more expensive so it should be.

George from MD 04-02-2007 06:01 PM

I haven't even driven one yet though God knows enough of 'em have passed me. My plans were to keep my 993, get a used 997 to use as a street car (and replace an older BMW) and build on a third car garage. I would still tow the GT3 to the track but it would also be nice (I think) to drive something like that everyday. I wouldn't mod it much, just seats, harnesses, roll bar, brake pads. Anyway to keep this short this all happened when we happened to see a very nice 2005 with less than 10K on it for an asking price of $85K. Too bad that one's red.

I had no idea they had dropped that much- that's a lot cheaper than a used 997 and a garage. And while it ain't a new GT3 it's d&mned nice and about $50K cheaper. I also like the fact it doesn't have traction controls or a sunroof.

I would hate to change my car back even though it makes a lot of sense. To use a terrible analogy it would (for me) be like touching up a Renoir. And I hate the thought of selling it- a lot of emotion and a lot of work. So we'll see....

Mark in Baltimore 04-02-2007 06:16 PM

Before anyone else says it, I have to say it: that gearbox is worthless to most buyers. I'll gladly take it off of your hands, though. ;)

Seriously, good luck, George.

Greg Fishman 04-02-2007 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
that gearbox is worthless to most buyers.

Especially worthless to PCA racers who would never run anything not 100% stock. :)

jdistefa 04-02-2007 06:43 PM

George,
Email me: mdistefano101@rogers.com

Jim W 04-02-2007 06:52 PM

George,
I think you can find a nice GT3 in the $70's. Yes, prices have fallen. Check the GT3 forum and classified ads.
Jim

993_Pilot 04-03-2007 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by George from MD
...I wouldn't mod it much, just seats, harnesses, roll bar, brake pads...

Are you trying to convince us or the wife? Good Luck with the sale and purchase!

jdistefa 04-04-2007 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jdistefa
George,
Email me: mdistefano101@rogers.com

George, still interested in getting in touch with you....